Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Misfiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring

My 2009 Volvo S80 3.2 was in a small parking lot accident, someone backed into my front right wheel and bumper. It spent about 3 weeks in the shop and I got it back last Friday. It came back to me with a Check Engine light that indicated that cylinders 1-4 and 6 where misfiring. Prior to the accident i have driven the car and it was all well. Anyways, I took it into Volvo and paid to get it looked at and all they could tell me was that the Soleniod Intake MIGHT be the problem. I was wondering if anyone could help or seen this before. Its a a lot of money to just take a chance on the soleniod. I can explain it in more detail if needed, I tried to upload the service doc., but it too big.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TJB0328, Did you catch the driver who bumped or your insurance paid the repair charges. BUT

No offense (Mechanics can never be trusted people like Doctors, this is why we discuss these things over the internet at least me with this purpose)

Last time someone bumped my car and insurance paid the repair charges, before handing over the car to the repair shop I showed the dash board warning center to the Shop manager, once he said OK. I gave the car to them, once I got back I did not sign the paper until I satisfy myself with car electrical things.

Anyways, I think before repairing you should handle this case with those guys.

Other than doing doubt, some times, repair shop people never know how to handle Volvo cars, so they work freely with out knowing they are damaging some other part.

Good Luck! Do update what ever happen next.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post error codes from service docs if they are there.