Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

New 2000 S80 T6

Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2000 S80 T6

My wife has a 2001 Volvo S60 that I have been so pleased with over the last 3 years.
I recently came across a 2000 Volvo S80 that was victim of a divorce. The car has 175k on it but is in excellent condition. Paint is very nice, interior has a little wear on the front seats but no rips or tears. When I went to look at it I was told it needed to be towed home and it had not been driven in 6 monts. I put a new Batt in the car and drove it home no problem.

Now there is still a few small things that needs fixed to get it back up first of all I need to get a new fob for the car, the power locks do not work but I think that is because the fob is missing. Had the same problem with my wifes S60 where when you stop using the fob the lock button on the inside of the car stops working.
Secondly when I brought it home both the ABS and TCS said it needed to be serviced soon. I drove it today and by lunch it was gone. Not sure if that has something to do with the fob too or not. Is this a problem with the S80's?

Third is the Airbag light is on, What could be causing this?

And last but not least there is a wining coming from I think its the power steering pump right on top. Any help on what would wine right there? It almost sounds like a supercharger wine and gets louder as RPM's increase. Its definitly off the accessory belt but not sure what pump it is.

Once all of this is fixed we will be selling either the S80 or the S60 and keeping the one my wife likes better

Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why did you buy that when it had so many problems..looks like you might need to replace few things. If you need a new key fob then dont you need to be reprogram by dealer? and then you might need some part related with turbo charger.
Any thing electrical 1st is to check the fuses and see if they are not the ones causing ABS and TCS to lit up.

so you just bought the car and then fixing it and the re-selling it? hmm.. all that money in to repairing could have bought a newer (same design) S80

Old 07-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by akabond
why did you buy that when it had so many problems..looks like you might need to replace few things. If you need a new key fob then dont you need to be reprogram by dealer? and then you might need some part related with turbo charger.
Any thing electrical 1st is to check the fuses and see if they are not the ones causing ABS and TCS to lit up.

so you just bought the car and then fixing it and the re-selling it? hmm.. all that money in to repairing could have bought a newer (same design) S80
I bought the car because I paid $500 for it. It runs and drives great just a few sensors that need to be checked. I will be checking codes tonight when I get home, replacing what needs to be replaced and let me wife decide if she wants the S60 or the s80.

Why do you say a few parts related to the turbos?
I checked all the fuses but there is a full module that goes for the TCS and ABS. How do you check the whole module? I looked at all the fuses and everything seems to be good.
Is there anything else that is known to make those 3 sensors go off that anyone knows of?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 PM

s80's are sweet man, and for 500 dollars...That's a steal if you ask me. If tcs is traction control then the only example i have is with American cars. When the abs and the tcs are on at the same time, on Americans it's the wheel hub assembly. Hope that helps.