Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

pcm

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm

did someone know where the pcm is located on volvo s80. HELLLPPP Please

Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ECM maybe?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 AM

yeah "ECM" let me explain the problem. the engine crank but doesn't start everything is working but the speedometer has no light "nothing working on it". Do you think is a relay or something else

Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Default S80

Originally Posted by mitchell
yeah "ECM" let me explain the problem. the engine crank but doesn't start everything is working but the speedometer has no light "nothing working on it". Do you think is a relay or something else
Computer is located under a plastic cover at the right in front of the power steering reservoir. There are 2 computers in there ... one is you ecm and the other is your tcm (transmission control module). Just so you know, the computers in your car are specific to your car and you can't just take another one from another vehicle and stick it in ... it has to be programmed by a dealer. First thing to check before you do anything would be to check all your fuses (under the hood and by the drivers door). Sometimes disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute or so can reset your modules. Short of that, find the fuse for your dash cluster and remove it for a minute. I find on these cars that the modules can do goofy things sometimes, and I have had luck by removing the appropriate fuse and putting it back in.
Hope this helps