Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

seat belt warranty

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt warranty

I know on some of the other cars ive had I saw in the manual that seat belts are under warranty for almost 10 years or so, or something longer than the standard 4 year warranty. My seatbelt itself is ok but the trim that goes around it on the door pillar broke free and rests on my lap/stomache whilst im driving. It was glued by the last owner and obviously glue wont hold it, do u think volvo would fix this as a part of the seat belt warranty as its pretty dangerous; the part is L shaped and if I got in a serious accident it would pronbably cause some injury to me. Thanks
Andrew

Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Default seat belt warranty

I have the same problem with the plastic seat belt post trim. Is there any way to adhere it to the post after it has come loose? Have tried glue but glue wont hold in intense heat.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 AM

I assume your Volvo is a 2002 with your name, here is the warranty section on seatbelts from Volvo:

Seatbelt and Supplemental Restraint Systems Limited Warranty - U.S.
Seatbelt and Supplemental Restraint Systems Warranty - Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Is Warranted
Volvo warrants that repairs required due to defects in the material or workmanship to the seatbelt system and Supplemental Restraint System(SRS) installed in your 2002 model year vehicle will be performed free-of-charge during the warranty period (except for those items listed under "What Is Not Warranted").

Limitations
No implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall apply except during the applicable periods of this warranty.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state, province to province. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.

The Warranty Period
The warranty period is five (5) years and has no mileage/kilometer limitation.* It begins with the date the vehicle is sold/delivered to the first retail purchaser or put into service, whichever occurs first.

What Is Not Warranted
• Seatbelt system and Supplemental Restraint System components which show evidence of damage because of abuse, misuse, negligence, tampering, or improper installation.

• Replacement of seatbelt system or Supplemental Restraint System components after a vehicle has been involved in a collision.

• The loss of vehicle use, loss of time, inconvenience or other incidental charges, such as telephone calls, towing, lodging, car rental, or food, or other consequential damages except where required by law.

• Repairs required as part of normal maintenance.

• Replacement of components in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
Considering it is a trim piece that is failing and not the seatbelt or a component of the seatbelt (ie. latch mechanism, retractor, etc.), I doubt in this case the warranty would even apply, but I could be wrong, there is often a grey line on interconnected parts.