Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

seats are annoying me

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats are annoying me

Since ive had the car the seats have drove me crazy... 95% of the time when i open my door the seat moves ALL THE WAY FORWARD. I have ALL of the memory setting adjusted way back and it makes no difference... Sometimes it will move back and sometime it wont move at all when i open the door. It has nothing to do with who drove it last or where the seat was when the door was locked... casue i can shut the car off... get out lock the doors and then when i come back and open the door the seat moves forward... then i have to hold the button down to move it back enough to get into it and this happens just about everytime... any thoughts?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Default RE: seats are annoying me

I'm not sure what might be the problem, but this is how the owners manual says it's supposed to work:

Remote keyless entry system and driver's seat
The remote control transmitter also controls the electrically operated driver's seat in the following way:
ยท Adjust the seat to your preferences.
ยท When you leave your car, lock it using the remote control.
ยท The next time you unlock the driver's door with the same remote control (the one you used to lock the doors with) and open the driver's door, the driver's seat will automatically move to the position in which you left it.
The seat will move to this position even if someone else has adjusted the seat since you last drove the car.
NOTE:
ยท This feature will work in the same way with all of the remote control transmitters (up to 3) that you use with your car.
ยท This feature will not function if you lock your car with the key.

It works this way on my car, which is really convenient because when my wife drives it the seat automatically moves to her setting and when I drive it moves to my setting. We always use our individualremotes to lock and unlock the car.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 PM

Thanks! but thats what i dont get... Everytime i get in have to adjust my seat.. then i get out and lock it using the remote.. When i come back and unlock it again using the remote and then open the door it move ALL THE WAY FORWARD!!!!!.. makes NO SENCE.. if it just did nothing at all it would be better than what its trying to do.. Ill go play with it and see if adjusting the seat by not using the memory feature has any effect. Thanks! again.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Maybe one of the manual memory buttons is getting stuck.

Try programming all three manual memory buttons to theposition you like when you drive:

Programming the memory

[/b]
Three seat positions can be programmed. To program a seat position:
1 Adjust the seat to the desired position.
2 Hold down the MEM button.
3 While holding down the MEM button, press button 1 to program the current position of the seat.
Buttons 2 and 3 can be programmed in the same way.
To move the seat to a programmed position, press and hold down button 1, 2 or 3 until the seat moves to the preset position and stops.
As a safety precaution, the seat will stop automatically if the button is released before the seat has reached the programmed position.
NOTE: The seat has an overload protector which engages if an object blocks the movement of the seat. If this happens, remove the object and wait 20 seconds before operating the seat again.
* Only the driver's seat is equipped with the memory function.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM

yea all three are already the same... i just went out and played with it and it seemed to hold the position but im sure it will go back to being fruity next time lol thanks

Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Your wife doesn't drive it after you does she?
Any chance you swap keys with someone?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Yes she drives it too but the problem is that lets say she drives it... she locks the doors with the key thing.. then i go out there.. the seat moves ALL the way forward.. same as if i go to the store.. get out, lock it and come back... open the door and it moves all the way forward again... When i say all the way i mean it looks like its all the way and is much farther forward than either myself or my fiance use.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh ok wasn't sure of she was driving the car and she had locked it at one time with the remote then moved the seat back when she got home and used the key to lock the car. If she had done that then it would have returned to her last position.

Do you have another remote you can default to using for now to see if it does the same thing?

Old 10-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually noticed that my mirrors readjust themslelves all the time.. they end up way too close to the car creating huge blind spots and I have to manually adjust them pretty much everytime I hit the interstate.... I dont know if this has to do with me switching keys every once in a while...
just an observation