Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Sunroof Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Help

If not too much work could someone please post a diagram of how the sunroof is supposed to slide or tell me what is going wrong? The mechanical and all electric parts of the actual sunroof (glass window) work just fine. It is actually the interior sunvisor that I belive has come off its track. It does not slide smoothly and small black shavings fall down if I try to slide it back to let some sun in. It seems as if the front passanger side has a slightly wider gap between it than the rest of the visor? Any help would be greatly appriciated before I tear something up.

- Cameron

Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Sunroof Help

OK here is what you need to do.(Headliner springs/sliders are broke/worn)
How does the Modesty panels look? (The place fan looking things)
You will have to remove them and then remove the sunroof glass.
Once you have the sunroof glass out on the side of the arm that holds the glass you will see a T-25 screw on each side. Remove them. Then slide the metal portion foward some that goes across the back area. There is 4 T-20 screws holding that bar on. Once it is removed you will be able to slide the sunroof headliner out to replace the clips.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headliner springs / silders sounds exactly like what I was trying to describe. The modesty panels and everything else looks and works perfect! When I remove the sunroof glass will I be braking any seals, etc? Just wondering if I will need to replace anythingwhen putting it all back together other than the main problem at hand ( springs / sliders / etc ). Weather permitting, I will be trying this tomorrow. Other than the headliner piece sliding properly back and forth everything works great, no leaks, great mechanics, etc. This is the first car I have ever owned with a sunroof...lol. 9 cars and the first to have a sunroof, go figure. Anyway, hope I don't screw things up too bad

Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

No seals will be broken.
To get the modesty panels loose carefully pull them away from the glass on each side.
Then with a small pocket screwdriver. Carefully pry up from between the aluminum and plastic to slide them up and out.