Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Velcro to the Rescue !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Velcro to the Rescue !!!

Found out I had to replace the Bulb in the passenger side front corner turn signal.. well, according to the book you have to press down on the PLASTIC lever to release the corner light housing to pull it out to change the bulb..well..I did this but just as soon as I pressed down on the small PLASTIC lever to release the housing..SNAP POP..it breaks..SWEET..thinking 40 bucks for a New light housing that is perfect in every way except for the small PLASTIC lever...I'm thinking..NO I don't think so...maybe I can find a quick fix...long story short..Maybe a small piece of VELCRO will hold the housing in place...WALLA...!!!! Put it in 2 months ago and it is working just fine and even holds under the High Pressure automatic car wash..and saved 40 bucks to boot...

Next problem, found the driver's side turn signal light was a little loose...soo I pull it out and..NOT AGAIN !!!! Yep...the little slide type connector broke..so when you push it in the side of the car..it just falls back out again....NICE !!! I'm thinking..well, maybe a little VELCRO will work here too....WALLA...!!! it's working too...

Final problem...(right)....was replacing the Spark Plugs and naturally had to take off the Black Plastic covers on the top of the engine...RIGHT..? well, got those off OK without a hitch...started to take out the screws holding down the coils and moved the wires..you know..the ones with the small PLASTIC wire covers on them....well....just as soon as I touched them...they break into a thousand pieces....FANTASTIC !!! Now a trip to O'Reilly's auto parts store for some new wire covers....DOUBLE SWEET !!!

Now I'm beginning to think..I'm now driving a REAL...BUBBLE GUM and BAILING wire outfit here..and a Swedish one to boot....how nice !!!!

But I still wouldn't change it for the world...cause I LOVE my little Swedish girl friend and she still gets me around just fine, thank you...

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY MOTORING...