Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Vent Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent Box

Hello Tech, I'm looking at repalcing my vent box, but I have a few questions. I've found a link where someone was able to change his own, can you tell me if it'll be similar on the S80: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...howtopic=29650.
Also, would yo have any diagrams on how to do this?? my last question is, what does the dealer call this thing. Different dealers in different states have called it an Oil vent box, and Oil cooler, a PCV vent. Could you tell me what it is so I can buy it? if it is the PCV cent I've found it online, if it's the oil cooler, which i doubt, I've found it also. If it is neither one of these, do you know a good Volvo dealer, the ones in Montana, Washington, and Texas aren't very bright. Thanks

Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Vent Box

Yours is a little different because of the electric ETM.
It is easier than the 850 in the post.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:42 AM

I'm just a little hesitant to remove the intake manifold, I assume the fuel rail is atttached to it? if so, how do I depressure it to take it off and re pressure it when I put it back together. Would you have any pictures? or diagrams? This is going to be a time consuming job, but I want to make sure I do it right.
I looked all over for a kit w/all the hoses and vent box, unless you're having volvo put it on for you, they don't make kits for it yet. I'll have to re use some of the hardware.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Replace the box reuse the hoses.
Get the Box,The rubber hose/sleeve if the S80 has one(sorry forget did 3 this week already and been different ones every time)

You can release pressure from the schrader valve before disconnecting the line.
To pressureize the rail just crank the car to start.

Sorry no pics or diagrams.

If you can find a copy of the Vadis program and buy it you should have all the info you need to do it.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: JPizano23

I'm just a little hesitant to remove the intake manifold, I assume the fuel rail is atttached to it? if so, how do I depressure it to take it off and re pressure it when I put it back together. Would you have any pictures? or diagrams? This is going to be a time consuming job, but I want to make sure I do it right.
I looked all over for a kit w/all the hoses and vent box, unless you're having volvo put it on for you, they don't make kits for it yet. I'll have to re use some of the hardware.
Just make sure you have the battery disconnected!

I have done the turbo model "PCV Oil trap" and it's not that difficult, but I'd surely heed the my caution.

On the turbo, removal of the fuel rail is pretty straightforward--putting it back on is a little awkward. I'd suggest removing the FP fuse while the car is running rather than using the shrader valve, though to relieve the pressure.