Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Vibration on acceleration

Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Default Vibration on acceleration

Hi, first I'm new to this fantastic forums, there's a lot of stuff here and I hope somebody can help me with my problem. I own a S80 T6 1999 2.8L Turbo. Recently I noticed a small "buble" on my front driver side tire, the car was a little bit jumping at 60mph but not that much, just have to accelerate to 65mph and it was good. So last week I switch the rear tire with the front "buble" one. I did a little drive test, the shaking was worst.
Yesterday I was driving the car for a 2 hours road trip (fishing season as started), the car was vibrating more and more, now the car is vibrating from the moment I acceleterate and it never stop until I take my foot of the accelerator. If I'm on the highway I put the car on the N position at 60 mph, the car isn't shaking anymore, once I touch the acceletator the car is shaking, and when I mean shaking, I mean shaking, if I'm talking my voice will change, the ALL car is shaking badly. If I accelerate slowly, the vibration is there but not that big.

Can it be the bubble in my tire? I think it would vibrate also when I'm at 60mph on the neutral no?

All help is really appreciate!

Thank you!

Pascal

Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Vibration on acceleration

The bubble could cause vibration, but it should be pretty consistant, regardless of acceleration. It may be you have a bad motor/transmission mount causing more vibration from the engine, which would be more pronounced during acceleration or when gas is applied as the engine rocks due to torque.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Vibration on acceleration

I would say you have a bad Axle inner joint.