Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Volvo transmission slipping and noticed leaking a week ago?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo transmission slipping and noticed leaking a week ago?

What do we do? Our Volvo 03 s80 transmission is slipping alot.. I don't dont know what to do its scary also ...Where can I get cheap headlight lens cover? Our is broken on the passenger side and it needs to be replaced...WE love our Volvo but are we doomed to have to spend thousands for a new or rebuilt transmission ? Thank you for any advice ....

Old 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, lets start with the headlight lens.... I had to change mine a few years ago.. It wasnt TOO hard to do.. At the time I paid about $110 for a OEM volvo lens, but there are good aftermarket replacements that can save you some money..

www.rockauto.com has the headlight lenses in stock for $54 + shipping
Very good website to deal with, trust me on this... Thats the cheapest I have seen it, other websites have the same brand but it costs about $12 more

Concerning your trans, how much miles does your vehicle have? Have you checked to make sure the transmission fluid is ok (as in not burnt up).. If the fluid looks red and good, you may be dealing with a serious problem.. If the fluid is bad (brown to black) you may want to try changing the transmission fluid using the writeup method that I did on this forum..

https://volvoforums.com/forum/showth...smission+fluid