Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

What should I worry about?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Default What should I worry about?

Greetings,

My first post. You have a great forum, I wish I had found it a month ago. I have owned a 2000 S80 T6 (DTSC, navigation) for less than a month, it has just over 110K miles.

In the past four weeks I have replaced (by a local mechanic):
Both turbos (one seized up and had apparently been damaged) with low milage replacements.
Plastic hinges and latches that were broken or missing.
Timing belt and tensioner (not previously replaced, tensioner was severely cracked).
Control arms, ball joint, axle, and roller control arm stop (and associated bushings and bolts).
I have also had body work (looks to be high quality) due to a control arm bolt failure.

What should be my next major concern(s)?

Please note it is running just a little rough at idle/normal RPM, and much worse on 'hard' accelleration. It feels like it is occassionally misfiring. It wasn't tuned up after replacing the turbos (it should have been) and I haven't had the time to have it tuned up. With the tuneup I will check on recalled repairs.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Old 10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Default RE: What should I worry about?

You should have most of it covered already.
Make sure a tune up was done if not do it.
Maybe have the throttle body cleaned as well.
You might also have a coil going bad as well.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM

Thank you for the advice. I am taking it to the Dealer on Friday for a full service (finally) and have asked them to check coil and throttle body. Cheers!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

Tech -

My dealer replaced both the turbo chargers, but I am not sure if the "tune-up" was performed. Is the tune-up required after changing the turbos? What difference does it make? What does the tune-up apply to - turbos or the engine?

Thanks,
1999S80T6

Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 1999S80T6

ORIGINAL: tech

Tech -

My dealer replaced both the turbo chargers, but I am not sure if the "tune-up" was performed. Is the tune-up required after changing the turbos? What difference does it make? What does the tune-up apply to - turbos or the engine?

Thanks,
1999S80T6
It doesn't need to be done after installing the turbo's unless it has been 30,000 since the last tune up.
His car is misfiring which might be due to worn plugs.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Update: Car ran worse by the minute till it went to the dealer last Friday. Yes, the plugs were horribly fouled.... and the recently (<3 weeks) changed timing belt was "skipping" out of time - yes, the worst occurred. It looks like it's time to cut my (significant) loses on this car. Lesson learned.