Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

2017 Volvo S90 Video : Technology and Details

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 07:04 PM
IB Staff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Volvo S90 Video : Technology and Details

Name:  JS6OUOA.png
Views: 107
Size:  963.8 KB

Old 03-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Excellent job on the design, We hope this model will do well!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 AM

So nice to know that their diesel is so advanced. So sad to hear it will not be coming to the USA. I am very interested in replacing my current ride with an S90 T8.

Last edited by PhaetonTim; 05-08-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by PhaetonTim
So nice to know that their diesel is so advanced. So sad to hear it will not be coming to the USA. I am very interested in replacing my current ride with an S90.
Tim:

I bought one and love it. It's a 1st year car with a few little foibles, so make sure you have a dealer near you with a good reputation for the free service visits you'll be making. If you buy from another dealer, it's no problem to switch. That's what I did. I still get same service as before with loaner cars etc. New dealer seems to know what they're doing a little more. You'll get a lot of free software updates with this thing! I think I've had my car in 5 times. Waited for it 3 times and got a good loaner 2 times. All minor stuff. The car is reliable but the little widgets are still teething. I had a button go out on the steering wheel. They replaced the whole wheel, I think...free.

I tried both the Inscription and the Momentum versions. I felt the air suspension and 20" wheels and nicer interior bits really added to the driving experience, so I ended up with a loaded Inscription. No regrets.

It has A LOT of stuff. It parallel parks itself. Works pretty well, but you need to learn it somewhere uncrowded before you try to use it in a busy place.

It beeps if someone walks behind your car while backing up. That literally saved me from hitting a friend of mine recently. Also tells you when a car is coming while you're backing out of the drive or out of a diagonal parking situation. Has been very handy for me a couple times when i couldn't see or when someone comes around a corner into my path while I'm backing out of my drive. The bad part of that is that you get a lot of beeping when you put the car in the garage. I'm used to it.

Was shocked that 20" wheels could be so comfortable. MPG is running about 27mpg with premium in suburban driving. I can almost get 30 on a long highway trip...at 78mpg cruise. This is about the same as I got with my Audi A6. I think mpg might be better with the smaller tires.

I like the steering weight of this car in default driver mode. Has real feel and doesn't feel like a land yacht. If you set the Individual driver mode for low-effort steering, you can lighten the steering for long interstate trips. That's the only time I desire a bit less effort.

The Momentum version has all one really needs, but my Inscription really rides and feels like a premium car. Has stitched leather dash and the ride is really good with the air suspension. It also stays level when big people get in back. Nice.

Both models have the Active Cruise and all the warning things. I turn most of these nannies off. Active Cruise is superior to Audi's (I've had 4 Audi A6's prior to this S90). I use Active Cruise a lot. You can also choose normal Cruise, but it will default to Active again when you re-start the car.

4cyl engine sounds like a Volvo 240...not a bad thing really, but takes a week to get used to the sound when you start up in the morning. It is smooth as any V6 underway. The engine isolation is really a technical triumph.

Plenty of torque and the shifting is really good unless you try to really drive it in a pushy fashion. Then the transmission gets a little confused... Not what it's made to do. You can drive this car rapidly and smoothly and never want for a thing.