General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

s60 with technology package

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s60 with technology package

I'm looking at a new S60, and I'm intrigued by the technology package. Interestingly, no dealers within a 180-mile radius seem to have one in stock.

Any ideas as to why that's the case? So popular they sell out, or so annoying that they don't want to sell them, or something else. I'd appreciate feedback!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is that dealers stock their lots with vehicles they hope will have a quick turnover. Combine that with the current lease deals (lots of the same configurations at $xxx per month). Dealers will gladly order one with it for a paying customer, but I think they would prefer having a lot full of "typical" ones. I find it strange that not one dealer in your area has a single one, but at $2100 it represents one heck of an upsell to someone looking at a typical S60. The technology package seems like a nice feature to have personally, but not something I would want to have to pay extra for.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech package is great!

Last May I got the Tech Package on my XC60.

There are two key benefits to the tech package:
1) Safety
2) MAJOR reduction in driver fatigue.

1) is obvious, 2) maybe less so.

The "distance alert" is a must have. It is not only good for you if you mistakenly pick up your cell phone when you should not, it also helps you when the guy in front of you, out of the blue for no apparent reason (ie they dropped their cell phone) slams on their breaks. My wife (and kids) are convinced this saved them from an accident. I have also noted many times where the 'distance alert' lights up a warning before I have seen any difference in the car in front of me. Then their break lights go on. Once it yelled at me, the car in slammed on its breaks, no break lights at all.

I also use the adaptive cruise control regularly. For long highway drives with moderate to heavy traffic, it is great. For me, it reduces the tension of diving. Makes the drive even pleasant. It significantly cuts down on driver fatigue. This is not a small difference, it is a very noticeable and appreciated difference.

The lane warning is OK (a must if you pick up that cell phone.)

Of course you still have to drive, I do not count on these devices. But knowing they are there certainly makes for a more relaxed ride.

I am working on getting another Volvo right now, same problem...hardly any with the tech package. And the few there are have tons of stuff I do not want to pay for.

Have a great day!

Richard