Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

Radio question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio question

I recently replaced my battery and my radio locked and required a code. Well since I purchased from a non-volvo dealer a few months ago I did not have a code. I tried a few options and then in locked "off". The manual stated that it should gone back to the request code mode after a few hours... now it has been a few weeks. Can I fix this so I can have music again or do I have to take it to dealer and get this reset?

Thanks.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio question

You're gonna kick yourself for getting the radio in the OFF state. When it says CODE you can contact the Volvo dealer regardless of where you bought the car, and provide them with the VIN and they will look up the code and give it to you. But to get it back to the CODE state you will need to leave the key at Position 1 for 3 hours undisturbed. (One other way I've read is to disconnect the battery, reconnect it, then hold the power button and radio preset 6 until the radio turns on. After a few minutes CODE should reappear.) If the code they give you doesn't work, then the radio may not be original to the car in which case you will have to provide them the serial number of the radio.

Of course the dealer will happilly take your money if you don't feel like doing it yourself.