Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

V90 cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V90CC - Master Display Issues

I purchased a V90 CC at the beginning of October and it has been at the dealer since October 19th to have the Master Display replaced due to it blanking out while driving down the road - my last communications with the service department was that there is a nationwide shortage of these displays and that there is no telling when they will get the part. The service department did communicate with Volvo to come up with this fault. I know of at least one other car from this dealership that is having this problem.

When the display goes blank you lose radio and navigation but the car still runs - after a bit it will reboot itself during which time you lose any climate control you had, after it reboots everything will work fine for however long it takes to blank out again - it is very random.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Last edited by v90ccowner2021; 11-19-2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Add a better description to the title
Old 12-24-2021, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v90ccowner2021
I purchased a V90 CC at the beginning of October and it has been at the dealer since October 19th to have the Master Display replaced due to it blanking out while driving down the road - my last communications with the service department was that there is a nationwide shortage of these displays and that there is no telling when they will get the part. The service department did communicate with Volvo to come up with this fault. I know of at least one other car from this dealership that is having this problem.

When the display goes blank you lose radio and navigation but the car still runs - after a bit it will reboot itself during which time you lose any climate control you had, after it reboots everything will work fine for however long it takes to blank out again - it is very random.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Yes, I our case it did not go completely blank, it was as if a black box superimposed itself on top of the screen. It was really aggravating and after tons of service calls and the complete replacement of the unit, volvo gave us a deal on a new car. The issue appeared immediately on the new car. I finally figured out that it was two old iPhone both paired to the car trying to pair on startup. Upgraded the phones and it has never come back.