Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

Volvo car app pairing issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo car app pairing issue

Hi everyone,

I own a Volvo V90 CC 2017. I am trying to pair my car with the volvo car app for iOS but doesn’t seem to succeed. When I enter my VIN number the app gives an error “we cant add your volvo v90 right now. We are working on the issue. Please try again later. I am trying for several weeks now and no luck. I have Volvo ID but my car does not have the Volvo on call option (no buttons on the top console) I assume this is the reason?! Shouldn’t the app work without Volvo on call?! I didn’t find any information on the subject.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Old 08-03-2021, 08:32 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikoloff
Hi everyone,

I own a Volvo V90 CC 2017. I am trying to pair my car with the volvo car app for iOS but doesn’t seem to succeed. When I enter my VIN number the app gives an error “we cant add your volvo v90 right now. We are working on the issue. Please try again later. I am trying for several weeks now and no luck. I have Volvo ID but my car does not have the Volvo on call option (no buttons on the top console) I assume this is the reason?! Shouldn’t the app work without Volvo on call?! I didn’t find any information on the subject.

Thank you for your help in advance!
This may NOT apply to you but a couple of weeks ago, I was having a similar issue with my new 2021 XC60. I called the Volvo help line and he had me look at the app selection as to where it was trying to connect. It was set for European countries and I had to change it to U S connection. Maybe worth a look??? After I changed it, connection was sweet.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:40 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
This may NOT apply to you but a couple of weeks ago, I was having a similar issue with my new 2021 XC60. I called the Volvo help line and he had me look at the app selection as to where it was trying to connect. It was set for European countries and I had to change it to U S connection. Maybe worth a look??? After I changed it, connection was sweet.
Same thing happened to me. Just changed it to USA and was able to sign in.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:58 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Same thing happened to me. Just changed it to USA and was able to sign in.