Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

Up arrow blinking after getting stuck in snow

Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 PM
Post Up arrow blinking after getting stuck in snow

I was driving home from work and right before my driveway my car got stuck and after some well timed back ups down my hill I got it in. But ever sense then this up arrow had been blinking http://imgur.com/gallery/oRzNnzf (The car is in "on" position in this pic not fully running) is there a way to turn it off ? (Volvo v40 hatchback 1.9t) it runs fine and after driving it around just now everything seems normal.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:42 AM

the up arrow is used to indicate the car is in winter mode. Did you make sure the button on the console is in the correct position? Also its possible that the snow got into the wheel speed sensors or a wire was wet. Is it back to normal after a restart?

Old 02-12-2019, 11:24 AM

I did try restarting it and i tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and its till there. i can post an update later after i drive it to work and back if that helps.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mt6127 View Post
the up arrow is used to indicate the car is in winter mode. Did you make sure the button on the console is in the correct position? Also its possible that the snow got into the wheel speed sensors or a wire was wet. Is it back to normal after a restart?
I did try restarting it and i tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and its till there. i can post an update later after i drive it to work and back if that helps.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:39 AM

I doubt reconnecting the battery will do anything. You may need either scan for fault codes (note not all scanners read Volvo's ABS and transmission codes) and inspect the wheels for any issues with the wheel sensor wires. You should also try playing with the transmission mode switch on the console to see if it is stuck in W mode.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by mt6127 View Post
I doubt reconnecting the battery will do anything. You may need either scan for fault codes (note not all scanners read Volvo's ABS and transmission codes) and inspect the wheels for any issues with the wheel sensor wires. You should also try playing with the transmission mode switch on the console to see if it is stuck in W mode.
I just want wanted to let you know after driving it to work the light has turned off and winter mode button is working just fine. Thankyou for the reply