Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

08 V50 2.4i idling, stalling and starting issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 V50 2.4i idling, stalling and starting issues.

Hey guys/gals,
Just joined, unfortunely because my wifes car is having issues.
I tried searching and can't find anyone with this same problem(s).

Bought a used 2008 V50 2.4I a few months ago. Its ran great. A CEL popped up a little bit ago but didn't go get it checked right away. Car ran great and wife uses it for here and there, so put it off.

2 days ago the car was idling in the driveway, little one was sleeping so we let her sleep. We play in yard with the other little one so no we don't just leave her in the car completely alone! After about an hours time I noticed the sounds of the engine was off. Like the cadence or hum was off. In the next minute the sound became more pronounced and sounds really off. I turned it off, let it sit a minute and tried to start it. It started but sounded rough, and stalled. It wouldn't start again. I sat awhile and thought to dc neg and try to reset computer. I let it sit about 30 mintues and hooked back up neg. I turned the car back on and it started back up and after about a sec the hum was fine again.

This moring I drove it to advance to get the code read. P0340 I think. Camshaft position sensor bank 1. They didnt have it in stock and had to order the parts.

This afternoon on the way home from an errand the car started to run rough on me stalled. I tried my reset trick and it wouldnt reset. The car wouldn't crank. It also had an anti skid malfuntion message this time.

I got it towed home and now im waiting on the parts to come in. All I've searched and found are things similar but not the same some said the CPS when they changed it fixed there issue, and the CPS is highly responsible for Idling, stalling, and not started issues.

My question: Has anyone else had this issue pretty much the same and did the CPS fix it. I just want to know if theres possible something else faulty that someone had that tripped the CPS code. So I can go ahead and tackle that problem too.

Thank you,
I appreciate it in advance.