Volvo V50 A sports wagon that is affordable, sporty and best of all, useful for almost anything.

All kinds of issues?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All kinds of issues?!

Hello! My baby is an '05 V50 T5 AWD. Got it back from the shop less than two days ago to have the fuel pump replaced. Before then, it had been sitting in my driveway for 2-3 weeks while we waited for the part to come in, have it towed, etc. (Not sure if that's relevant information or not.)

But the afternoon after getting it back, I had the warning light "Power System Service Urgent" come on and the battery light come on. I was going to get the battery and alternator tested this afternoon, but when I started it, there were warning lights flashing for "Anti-Skid System Off" and ABS; and I had no power windows or power steering.

Any idea as to what would be causing all these seemingly random issues? Alternator, perhaps? I had the battery replaced less than two months ago but haven't had the alternator checked yet. Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brookelander
Hello! My baby is an '05 V50 T5 AWD. Got it back from the shop less than two days ago to have the fuel pump replaced. Before then, it had been sitting in my driveway for 2-3 weeks while we waited for the part to come in, have it towed, etc. (Not sure if that's relevant information or not.)

But the afternoon after getting it back, I had the warning light "Power System Service Urgent" come on and the battery light come on. I was going to get the battery and alternator tested this afternoon, but when I started it, there were warning lights flashing for "Anti-Skid System Off" and ABS; and I had no power windows or power steering.

Any idea as to what would be causing all these seemingly random issues? Alternator, perhaps? I had the battery replaced less than two months ago but haven't had the alternator checked yet. Thanks in advance for any input.
yes - the alternator and/or battery can cause these weird issues

Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad Battery. Check your battery. Volvo will throw weird error when the on board computer is not getting enough power.

Had the same errors with my 2013 S60. Dealer replace the battery and no more errors.