Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

2003 Volvo V70 Instrument Cluster Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Volvo V70 Instrument Cluster Replacement

I took my 2003 Volvo V70 to the dealer because the Service Urgent SRS light came on and they told me that the instrument cluster needs to be replaced. they told me that my only option was to get a brand new cluster and have it put in. My question is am I able to grab a used cluster and have it reprogrammed?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM

My cluster was completely dead and I sent it BBA Reman in Dighton Mass. to be rebuilt.
It came back today, lights are all back to normal but srs service urgent message is still there. I scanned it with volvo tool and i am getting 00d4 message (srs indicator lamp faulty function) and i cant clear it-as soon as i do it comes right back.

On the letter from BBA sent me with rebulit unit says this:

please note it may be necessary to clear the fault codes from more than one area (i.e. the srs/airbag module and the DIM) to completely turn off the fault being display.

Not sure what are they saying here??? Help

Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Make sure that the bulb is good and installed properly.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 AM

Have you been able to resolve the problem with your DIM?

I have the error message SRS Service Urgent, did read the faults with a ppc it saying: srs-00d4 srs indicator lamp

BBA-reman are unable to repair and say on their report: CLOCKS ARE NOT REPAIRABLE

Local volvo stealer want £1000 to replace the DIM

Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 AM

I had to go to the dealer and have the cluster repaired. That was the only solution that worked. The airbag module in the cluster went defective. It cost me $1400 to get the repair done.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XeMODeX offers remanufactured Instrument Clusters, the pricing will look good compared to a dealer's quote.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by volvolini
My cluster was completely dead and I sent it BBA Reman in Dighton Mass. to be rebuilt.
It came back today, lights are all back to normal but srs service urgent message is still there. I scanned it with volvo tool and i am getting 00d4 message (srs indicator lamp faulty function) and i cant clear it-as soon as i do it comes right back.

On the letter from BBA sent me with rebulit unit says this:

please note it may be necessary to clear the fault codes from more than one area (i.e. the srs/airbag module and the DIM) to completely turn off the fault being display.

Not sure what are they saying here??? Help
I know it's been a while since you posted, but I have the exact problem and wondered how your situation turned out. My instrument cluster died, my mechanic sent it to BBA Reman and now I've got the airbag warning. I would love to know if you went to a dealer and what the ultimate cost was to reset or repair the airbag warning device. Thank you!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by gooddriver
I know it's been a while since you posted, but I have the exact problem and wondered how your situation turned out. My instrument cluster died, my mechanic sent it to BBA Reman and now I've got the airbag warning. I would love to know if you went to a dealer and what the ultimate cost was to reset or repair the airbag warning device. Thank you!
Do not trust BBA Reman, they are rubbish as they done more damage to my S60 cluster than repair. Ask for your money back.

At the end I sent it to
Volvo s60 v70 s70 s80 xc90 Speedo dash cluster repair | eBay
Richard HamiltonUnit 4, The Parkwood Centre
Aston Road
Waterlooville
Hampshire
PO7 7HT
United Kingdom
Richard HamiltonUnit 4, The Parkwood Centre
Aston Road
Waterlooville
Hampshire
PO7 7HT
United Kingdom

CARTRONIX
Richard Hamilton
Unit 4, The Parkwood Centre
Aston Road
Waterlooville
Hampshire
PO7 7HT
United Kingdom
Phone: 02392265986
Email: sales@cartronix.co.uk

After I got it back from them and did clear the error everything was running fine and the error gone.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM

(if your not in UK) actually you can easily send out your cluster to get repaired for under $200. I just did it. Go to Ebay and lookup seller euro-electric. They give you easy instructions on how to pop out your panel, mail it to them and they ship it back fixed 1 2 3. Dont do like I did and wait for years and trying everything under the sun.

There are other sellers that seem more expensive out there.
or can search.
"VOLVO INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPAIR". If you dont want to use ebay
you can just call them. 866 281 2414.

No I dont work there i just used their service and boy I wish i knew about it earlier