Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Alarm goes off after locking car................

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm goes off after locking car................

Alarm goes off after locking car ? Set the lock , walk away and it goes off , What gives. Does anybody know of a fix for this. I like to do things myself so any help in the right direction is welcomed and appreciated.

John

Old 12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Default RE: Alarm goes off after locking car................

You will probrably have to take to a dealer and have them check it out. Most likely its a bad siren control module.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes sounds like a bad siren.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the tip guys, I will check into that.

John

Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 AM

hey, did you make some checking out on the alarm already?
what happened? because i got the same problem but mine's a little weird.
it will only alarm for seconds and will stop, even if it's not yet locked.

looking for a volvo v70 wheel bearing and air dam

Old 12-17-2007, 10:14 AM

I haven't looked at it yet, But it looks like I will be taking it to the shop in the morning just to get it done. 160.00 diagnostic and it can be one of two parts ranging from 130 to 160.00 . Now that sucks for a monor problem.

John

Old 12-18-2007, 11:01 AM

$160 diagnostic, egawd...... Whenever somthing is wrong for my car, I just take it in for a "buyers" inspection and they tell me what is wrong

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Default My V70's alarm goes off at random and is driving me crazy

At first my alarm only went off during the evenings of the presidential and vice presidential debates. Weird, right? But since the last debate there was only one evening when it went off a few times, and now tonight it's gone off about 6 times. I don't know what to do, and I'm sure my neighbors don't appreciate it either.

Days will go by when it doesn't act up at all. Then it will keep going on at random, over periods of minutes, even after I've turned it off. My V70 is a 2002 model (I bought it new at the end of '02) and this problem just started during the first presidential debate.

I saw a post in another area of this forum where someone said Volvo charged them more than $400 to fix it. Aaaargh!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:07 PM

The alarm in my 2001 V70 was going off for no reason and it turned out to be broken wires in the tailgate wiring harness near the left hinge. One of the broken wires was the wire to the tailgate lock so the activated alarm though the tailgate was being open. I also got random tailgate open messages when it was closed. The broken wire made contact most of the time but it was a flaky and intermittent connection. Not sure if this is your problem but something worth checking, especially if you're getting random tailgate opens messages. I believe the alarm monitors all doors and the hood too so the problem could be in another area.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:07 AM

My siren stuck on...we are 3 hours from the nearest dealer so we just had to let it go for three days...check your sunf roof...TECH told me that stops working too sometimes. I got a compromised alarm message and warning light then alarm service message light...It was diagnosed here..and I am so greatful for that. :-)

Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM

Oh and I want to add...I am still getting that message about alarm service only after I drive on a wet road...we have a beach road that gets water on it at higher tides. I do not cross the water but as the water recedes the road is wet...and then I get my alarm message the next time I turn the car on.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Thats because the siren is getting wet because it is in the passenger side fender.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 AM

Gottcha! :-)

Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Hi all,[/align][/align]My car is really an electronicallymess.[/align][/align]The cars suddenly without any reason starts the alarm, so the only thing for me to solve is to remove the fuse.[/align]Please do not remove just any fuse when contact is still, because that what I did when my alarm went of in a parking lot and everybody was looking. Due to that now I have another message" SRS airbag need immediate service" which can only be removed by....Mr Volvo and a bill.[/align][/align]By the way even the Volvo dealer has this problem, a new car with the license "BKVOLVO" parked in front of our house and in a random manner the alram went off->!![/align][/align]Also my remote control is only really working in the winter.[/align][/align]I contacted the dealer about this but they only will repair this for $800 by replacing the ECU unit. According to them it is beyond the warranty although i reported these problem in the warranty period, but the mechanics did not put any remarks in their computer so I could not prove this (easy life approach by the Volvo dealer I think).[/align][/align]Now my cruise control is hampering functioning in a proper way, I wonder what will be the next waht is going to fail.[/align][/align]Anyway we all have to deal with the bad electrical performance of these Volvo's.[/align][/align][/align]Alltwin[/align][/align]

Old 07-18-2020, 11:57 AM
Exclamation Random Alarm Activation

Hi guys, I'm new here to the Volvo world. I just got my self a 2002 XC70 and have been learning all its quirks. Just recently it has been having an alarm activation about 30 seconds after locking the doors with remote, or key. I took to this forum and concluded a few tests from ideas you guys throughout. The first test seemed to work. The sunroof in my rig functions. it opens, closes, and vents. however, the setpoints with the operations are off a bit. with a bit of fiddling to get the glass to seat where it looked appropriate the alarm as stopped going off when locking. I do hope this helps some of you before you take it to a stealership and get robbed of your money. Also a side note. I have heard and read a lot about people saying certain things will require a dealership scan tool to reset and I just like to add. I went to my local Walmart and picked up a HyperTough HT200 dongle that plugs into the OBD2 port. It connects to your iPhone or Android phone via blue tooth. From the app, you have to buy and download a European add on but I have been able to do a full cambus scan and diag. I was able to reset the SRS service light and perform a vast amount of on the fly diagnosis. Thanks for the advice and I hope mine helps someone too.