Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Cant get in my car from the passenger side HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get in my car from the passenger side HELP PLEASE!

Well this is my fourth Volvo..as much as I love them, I dont seem to have much luck with them! This one has been the most problematic. It is a 2000 V70XC and I havent even had it a month yet..already had to replace the radiator, timing belt, water pump, and overflow tank at a cost of almost $2,000. Now that I have it running correctly, I have an entirely different problem..

My passengers cannot get in my car from the passenger side. Niether one of the doors is working correctly. The passenger front door will not unlock with the keyless entry, but it will lock. I have to reach over and unlock it when I get in. I've seen somewhat similar problems, but it looks like the problems other people have reported mention that the lock will not unlock or lock. Mine WILL lock. The back passenger door is something different all together. It does lock and unlock, but will not open from the outside. I have checked the child safety mechanism and it isnt the problem. Anybody have something similar?? Is this an easy fix? Its really quite annoying for my passengers!!

I also recently purchased a used third row back seat for the car..anyone have any links and/or walk throughs about how to install it? Its coming with all factory brackets/screws and seat belts and the only video that I have seen makes it seem like the seat belts may be difficult to install.

ANY help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! THANKS in advance guys!!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Your actuator on the front passenger is failing. Need to replace.
Does the rear door opens from the inside? I would guess so.
Pretty sure the handle is "unhooked" from the mechanism.
Do they open with the drivers key lock? With the drivers button ? I would guess not.
Once you pull the panels out you might have to reglue most of the plastic pieces

Old 10-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello, I've always been warned about pulling on the outside door handle while someone is hitting an "unlock" button. Breakage is always the result. When you attack these two doors remove the panels from both first. Count how many of the little plastic clips break and go buy them at an auto body supply shop. If you go to the dealer for these clips you'll pay way too much. How many miles are on this car? Kira

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM

The front passenger door will lock when using the key from the drivers side and the cental lock button from the door, but will not unlock. The back passenger door will open from the inside, but not the outside.

If I need to replace the actuator on the front door, what parts cars can I look for? Just the S/C/V70 models or is this a part that I can get from an 850 as well?

This car has 178xxx on it and I got it from the original owner. I was told that its been doing this since 2005.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Need the 70 series actuators
Check they are for the right side (passenger front)
I have the same problem on passengers rear, got to get to it.

On the rear passenger check that the outside handle might have discconected.