Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

HELP DOG ATE DASH~

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP DOG ATE DASH~

I have a 2000 volvo v70 - I love it -
but as with all of my vehicles, I neglect the interior. I have a huge lab who is my baby, and he has a history of chewing. When we bought the Volvo, we bought a safety gate to put right behind the first row of seats. Last year we took the NOISY thing down to fit a tree in the back, and I neglected to put it back.

Dog=attempted to eatsome dogtreats THROUGH the dash. He gnawed the dash directly above the glove box, about a 12x5 inch area.
WHERE do I get a new one? Dash, not dog.
WHERE do I go to look for one, how hard is the part to locate, etc., I am anticipating quite a cost, but I need to find the thing first.
HELP. help and HELP.
We live in SE Wisconsin, near the Illinois border. I am willing to go visit junkyards, etc. I don't even know if this is something I will be able to find.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19309/7AF783B7A9844E8EA852129E7872B9CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Default RE: HELP DOG ATE DASH~

What color is the interior? If he only chewed the top part of the dash it is much more easily replaced. If you have a tan interior I have a dash pad available for $100 plus s/h.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Wow my wife did almost the same thing. She went to Hardee's and put the food in the glove box and the dog ripped up the dash to get at it. Did your husband let you keep the dog? I loved our dear Snoopy so much, but this was the final straw I had to give him away. It took me forever to find a replacement in the area, but this Sab's had what I needed. You can get to their website here.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 PM

WHAT? [sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]
Did my husband LET me keep the dog?! My husband wouldn't ever consider thinking about getting rid of the dog, nor would I allow anyone to take my dogs away from me, especially for an error in judgment I MADE - Did you keep your wife?!
YOUR wife was the one at fault, not the poor dog! The poor dog didn't know whathe was doing!
I TOTALLY blamemyself for my problem, the last thingon my mind would be giving up my baby! GRRRR!
Do you have human kids? If you left a bunch of breakables on the floor and the kid broke the items, would you get rid of the kid, or would it be a painful lesson?
Thank you kindly for the link offer, but I have already ordered a dash pad replacement.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 PM

hahahaha

Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Dogs are nuts sometimes, but ya gotta love em nonetheless.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 PM

OMG, I've lurked here for a while and this is the first thread I've felt compelled to register and post about. MeTrashed and Gear, it sounds like your dogs need/needed some better training and probably some tough love. They obviously have/had no respect for you. My family has had several dogs throughout the years and you can't coddle them. They need to know you are their master. They will obey if they think that's what you want and need from them.They only want to make you happy.

I'm glad you have a new dashpad on order, you may want to muzzel your dog until you learn how to control it though or history is doomed to repeat itself.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 AM

+1

Old 11-04-2008, 01:41 AM

Thanks the funniest thing ever!!!! i showed my whole family... they all pissed them self laughing.

anyway..
I would think that a auto wrecker would be your best option..

good luck
v70 2.4t

Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 PM

The "Oldvolvowner" is RIGHT ON!!!! Dogs are a pack animal, you need to be the Alpha dog otherwise they will try to assert themselves. Once they understand "who's in charge", love and kindness will get them to do anything you want (unless you have a "skitso" dog). They are by design pleasers, and to please the Alpha dog, they will give all they have including their life, so tread carefully!

Getting to the nummies in the glove box probably doesn't fall into the "I want to please you" behavior we are discussing, so as you have already fussed up to the root cause, you now pay the price. Good luck in the repair!

Jerry

Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 PM

You guys should relax. This is just funny. I have a dog who knows who is the boss, but he still does stuff sometimes (he's an Airedale, so I guess that's a little normal).
On the other hand, why would you leave food in the glove box?[&:]

Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 AM

Where do I begin? Oh never mind..my dogs are not left in the car unattended...and they ride behind the cargo net in the back. And EVERYBODY living in my house knows who is boss...and that is how I like it. ~LOL~

Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 AM

Poor you - and poor dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't the dog's fault - any time you leave your dog in the car you risk something happening - but a dash board - too funny

Me - I have a Brittany who loves to chew thru seat belts - it was bad enough he did it with my Subaru Outback - I was able to get that replaced without too much trouble (amazing how hard it was to find the right color) - but when he chewed thru my Volvo wagon seatbelt I was less than amused - that baby cost almost $500 to replace [&:] We still laugh about it and it is always a good story

And it wasn't because he was in the car alone - he feels that he needs to "free me" from the seat belt - he does it while riding behind me. What a sweet boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also learned not to leave food in the car when he was in it - we put it on the roof while the car is parked - I think that would be the way to go for the people who locked food in the gove compartment