Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Rear Seat latch failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat latch failure

Has anyone had the rear seat latch assemblies fail and replaced them (2001 model year)? I went to try to lower the seat the other day and found that the release switch moved freely without the expected result.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Default RE: Rear Seat latch failure

If you find out, I would like to know, have the same issue on mine (same year as well). My wife took it to a mechanic friend, and he was able to do it, now we can't remember how it was done. If one of us remembers, I will post here.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you remember? I'm desperately trying to get my seats folded down but the latch is not working. The latch is moving but not releasing anything.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by chaarles
Has anyone had the rear seat latch assemblies fail and replaced them (2001 model year)? I went to try to lower the seat the other day and found that the release switch moved freely without the expected result.

Thanks
This happenned to me last weekend. After much fussing about i managed to release the seat by using a screwdriver and pulling the leather back and just jiggling it about. this was approached from the front of the seat at the top near the latch mechenism. I wasted a good hour trying it from beding the seat with no luck. Once i gor the seat down i removed the plastic cowling and found that a cheap looking plastic catch had snapped off. I will try to repair if but if not a replacement from volvo will cost about £35. The whole job is fairley simple so i would never pay someone else to do it.

I hope this is helpful and asi am new to this if its not visible to other users please can you make it so

Great site , very useful

Keith

Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 PM

new member, i'm having the same problem on the passenger side of my 01 v70. can you remember exactly where you put the screwdriver to get it to go down? I have tried and tried but havent gotten anywhere. i really dont want to have to pay someone to do this...

Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM

I'm having the same problem. ROLEX, can you please expand on where you were able to make it work. I'm with IGNITION, don't want to pay for this kind of thing..

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Try this:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/V70_Volvo_...uck_how_to_fix

-------------
"First off, this happens when a small plastic pin falls out of the seatbelt. It acts as a stop when the seat gets folded down, to prevent the belt from getting pulled in.

Once the seat back is horizontal, there's no way to pull it back out.
Part 1: Getting the seat back upright again:

Unscrew the belt from where it is attached between the seat cushion and the wheel well. Luckily this is accessible when the seat is folded down. The seat cushion needs to be held away, which makes it a little cumbersome. But in the end this fix takes less than 5 minutes.

Part 2: Preventing this from happening again:
a few options:
A. If you're ambitious, try to get the part from Volvo (good luck)
B. Get what's essentially a plastic rivet - two parts that snap together with a pin
C. Anything that makes the belt about 1/8" thick at that point
You can usually find the hole/spot where the original pin used to be. If not, just put it within a 1/4" of the slot when the seat is upright and the belt resting against the seat back...."