Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Shed some light?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shed some light?

Okay, now that it is much colder here in CO a couple of things are going on with the car. Maybe you all can shed some light on them for me.

First thing is the growling of the S belt. I remember my friend's Explorer did this often. She took it in to be fixed many times, never really helped. Do I need to be concerned, or is it just the weather change? My mechanic didn't mention to me that it needed to be replaced anytime soon (he mentioned everything else so...). I'd hate for it to snap on me.Let me know your thoughts.

Second is the scraping sound when I turn right in the car. This too only happens when it is colder outside. Sounds like the tire is scraping against a big hunk of ice (that isn't there). Suspension issue? I have no thoughts on this one. Again, I was told next year I'd need to replace the drive train. Would this be apart of that issue?

Any thoughts are welcomed. I wished I knew more about cars. I guess I know more than most women though.
Thanks!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shed some light?

Really, no one has any thoughts for me?

Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude you have to be paitent on this forum. Someone will get to you sometimes. This is a very slow forum.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Growling from the belt is not normal, and the temperature shouldn't effect it. Is the P/S (power steering) fluid level OK? You may have a tensioner that is going bad.

I have no idea on the scraping issue. How about that P/S fluid?

Someone told you you'll need to replace the drive train? The drive train consists of the engine, transmission and the axles. This is highly unlikely, meaning it's bull sh*t!

You can learn alot here about your car, but I would recommend a book, website or class about the basics of automotive theory and repair. It can save you alot of money and stress about how your being treated when taking you car in for repairs.

Please state what year, model amd mileage you have on your car when you ask for help! There is a huge difference between a 2000 and a 2001 V70!

B