Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

VADIS Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VADIS Question

I recently purchased a VADIS DVD from a gentleman in the UK. I have it up and running on my computer. The program doesn't seem very useful, mostly it seems to be a service writing assistant. Am I missing something here? Can this tell me how to properly service my V70R? I need to know things like which plugs to use, how to check various things in the car, how to change brake pads/rotors ETC ETC. The VADIS has a lot of pictures granted, but seems pretty devoid of how to fix stuff. Am I missing something or do I just need to delve a little deeper into the application.
As a secondary question, all the VADIS I found on E-bay came from the UK. Is there a preferred package to look for, say more DVD's with all electrical information too? Can anyone recommend a source or userid on ebay who might sell more complete and useful versions of the VADIS application? Are there better sources for this program? Are there and good books/shop manuals available for a 98 V70R?
Thanks for any and all info.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: VADIS Question

I think you are missing something. Vadis has an entire walk through on almost everything that can be done on the car.
It will also lists all codes and how to check the parts.

You might have to dig deeper to find more.

There is usually a screen that you will have to pick the year,model,motor, ETC before looking anything up.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VADIS Question

for the Vadis account you create you need to specify WHAT functions you want to have access to. The default only lets you lookup service schedule or parts only. You need to add maintenance+all features you want under setup->account.