Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Window Assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Assembly?

So I bought a '99 V70 XC about a week ago and overall have been happy so far. Even though it's the end of June, where I live (New England) hasn't had many hot days. Well yesterday was the first day over 80 that I've had the Volvo, and I found out the AC doesn't work that well when it's warm. No problem, when I get some time I'll check it out or take it to someone. In the mean time, I open the sunroof, drop all four windows and crank the music. Well, I get home and raise the windows.... BUT WAIT!!!! The passenger rear window didn't go up!

So I played with enough stereos back when I was younger to know about pulling off a door panel, pulled it off. Figured out how to get the window regulator and motor out. Pulled off the driver rear door panel and figured out that the motor is still fine, so it must be the switch, GREAT! Thats way better than having to buy a new motor/regulator.

So here's my real problem. Is there a trick to getting the regulator in the door in the window up position? I can't get the switch until at earliest Monday, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to get it Monday (I doubt my local dealer stocks a window switch for a 10 yr old model). I most definitely plan on replacing the switch but I need the window in the up position for obvious reasons if I'm still going to be able to drive it around. Oh and in playing with the Driver rear window to test the motor, I found out that the window switch for the driver rear door doesn't work either. (No the window lock on the master switch isn't on, I checked several times)

Any suggestions on the AC would be appreciated, I'm figure I'll start with filling the freon/r134.

Thanks for all your help

Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Use a battery to jump the motor to move it into the position so you can get it back in then raise it using the battery to jump the motor and crank it up.

Recharge the A/C and it should work fine.