Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

wooden center console and gearshift surround pieces, installing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wooden center console and gearshift surround pieces, installing?

i got a set of new "wood" pieces for the center console and the gearshift surrounding. specially the center console/radio piece looks pretty hard to install, how do i put that in place? before i had the pieces in front of me, i thought that they are just thin little pieces that goes to the surfaces, but i was terribly wrong
if anybody has done this job, and has some good advices to share or even pictrures, would be very helpful
the car is -98 V70.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Volvo-Finn
i got a set of new "wood" pieces for the center console and the gearshift surrounding. specially the center console/radio piece looks pretty hard to install, how do i put that in place? before i had the pieces in front of me, i thought that they are just thin little pieces that goes to the surfaces, but i was terribly wrong
if anybody has done this job, and has some good advices to share or even pictrures, would be very helpful
the car is -98 V70.
now i really, really need some good advice. i tried to figure out how the pieces go into the car, but i dont understand how.
the gearshift piece is held by 5 torx bolts, and theyre facing down so i cant open them. and the radio piece, i need to tear down the whole radio and ac panel to get to the bolts in the back of the piece?
seems like too much work for me, im not so good nerved with these things, ill just let it be until i get some pics or advice, so i dont break anything.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The center console is pretty simple to get out to replace that one piece.
But the radio section is what is going to be a pain.

For the console pull up the e-brake and then slide the little panel around the e-brake towards the drivers seat. Once the cover is out there is a couple of plugs you need to unplug. Then lift up the arm rest and in the bottom of the console there is a little cover. Pop the cover up and there is 2 8mm screws in there. Then you can lift the back of the console up and work it out. You will also want to have the shifter out of park so you can work the console out.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by tech
The center console is pretty simple to get out to replace that one piece.
But the radio section is what is going to be a pain.

For the console pull up the e-brake and then slide the little panel around the e-brake towards the drivers seat. Once the cover is out there is a couple of plugs you need to unplug. Then lift up the arm rest and in the bottom of the console there is a little cover. Pop the cover up and there is 2 8mm screws in there. Then you can lift the back of the console up and work it out. You will also want to have the shifter out of park so you can work the console out.
ok thanks tech!
i will take a look at it again tomorrow. but if you also know something helpful about the radio piece replacing, would be really nice if you would tell me what i need to do.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have never replaced one in the car. The ones I have replaced I did when the dash was out of the car.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by tech
I have never replaced one in the car. The ones I have replaced I did when the dash was out of the car.
ok. ill try to ask some advice from the guy that i bought the pieces from, since he had to take them off from his wrecked car, he has to know something about it.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 AM

I've read that the center dash piece takes a few hours to install.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 AM

oh f... im in big trouble, without step to step instructions or pics