Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

XC firing problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC firing problem

Whats up everyone. I got 98 XC thats not firing up. My wife took it to the grocery store. I had a bad starter ont that thing was kinda lazy to replace it. Well, the car have started when she left the store then went dead after few seconds. The starter wouldnt work properly and drained the battery. I went there put my fully charged battery from my other volvo surprisingly wouldnt start. Not a single hick up. Cranks just fine. Well, I was kinda busy so left the car. I've had a same problem few months ago and it was the maf sensor. In that time I plugged off the maf sensor it fired up if I put it back it would turn off and wouldnt fire with wet spark plugs. Bought used maf sensor for $5 then car run fine. This time its not the maf sensor so I thought could be the cam position sensor or crank position sensor. First, I'd took em off clean it up put em back same thing. Looks like the cam sensor is aftermarket. Today I bought cam and crank sensor from the junkyard for $5 each put em on same problem. Not receiving any spark but gas. Planning to buy a new cam sensor tommorow cause sounds like they fail a lot. But dont want to pay $150 for the freaking thing. So if it works I'll just return em and buy another one from junkyard. Any ideas besides cam position sensor? Any response would work at least gives me an energy lol. Thanks

Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh forgot. I had check engine light on since bought te car. Forgot the code and it was a large evap leak. Thought the fuel cap is bad replaced it didnt solve the problem. Its too complex like 2 or 3 valves lots of hoses connected amd the freaking charcoal cannister is right on top of the rear drivetrain. Was going to smoke test it but u know lazyness brought me here today. Lol. Cause I bought the car with barbecued rods. The previous owner didnt realize it was barbecuing the engine because there was a leak on heater core (another first gen v70 problem including the s70). Bought the car for $500 rebuilt the engine by myself Havent had any problem with until yesterday. Shame on u, u stupid cam sensor or anything thats causing it not to fire!!! Lol