Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 Volvo XC60 Internet issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes same problem. I've tried resetting several times but it still says Im offline and google maps always has me home even when I'm not.

Old 02-15-2022, 11:19 AM
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngross26
Yes same problem. I've tried resetting several times but it still says Im offline and google maps always has me home even when I'm not.
Be mad. Call your dealership. Demand action.

This is a widespread problem and, IMHO, should ultimately lead to a recall so they can replace whatever faulty chip is causing this problem. In the meantime, keep track of the days that your car is not working properly as well as the days that it is being serviced. Depending on your state, you maybe have Lemon Laws that protect you and provide some form of relief, should you pursue it.

My 2022 XC60 has been in for service for 17 days in the first 1200 miles. Thats not good.

The following 3 users liked this post by CoKroVolvo:
collectomaniac8 (02-26-2022), Jaim7 (05-04-2022), Ngross26 (02-15-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 12:25 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CoKroVolvo
Be mad. Call your dealership. Demand action.

This is a widespread problem and, IMHO, should ultimately lead to a recall so they can replace whatever faulty chip is causing this problem. In the meantime, keep track of the days that your car is not working properly as well as the days that it is being serviced. Depending on your state, you maybe have Lemon Laws that protect you and provide some form of relief, should you pursue it.

My 2022 XC60 has been in for service for 17 days in the first 1200 miles. Thats not good.
I can understand the anger and frustration. With this said, the dealerships neither design nor manufacturer the cars. As long as they are being respectful and honest with what they can and cannot do, ask that persistent problems be brought to Volvo's attention via a service ticket. IMO, there's not much to be gained by burning one's bridges with the dealer if they can't fix the problem on their own.

Old 02-15-2022, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by maggs
I can understand the anger and frustration. With this said, the dealerships neither design nor manufacturer the cars. As long as they are being respectful and honest with what they can and cannot do, ask that persistent problems be brought to Volvo's attention via a service ticket. IMO, there's not much to be gained by burning one's bridges with the dealer if they can't fix the problem on their own.
Nobody said to be disrespectful or burn a bridge. You can express your anger and be assertive about your desired outcome without being an A-hole about it. Tell the dealership that you understand the awkward situation that they are in. But use the dealership as your proxy. If they can't fix your problem, you escalate the situation. Be firm in what you want them to do. You don't have to accept "If it happens again, call us" after its happened again multiple times.

As I mentioned, there are laws in place to protect consumers from this type of situation. Check your state's laws. Understand what is required and what the process is. Work the process, and make sure your dealer isn't hurting that process and working against you, even if it is inadvertent.

My dealer didn't have official records of two of my visits. I asked them to formally document them. Volvo Corporate wants to know how many times you've had your car serviced for the same issue. You want a record of having to go to the dealer, even if its to have them press the reset button for you.

Do everything in your power to keep all options available to you, and make sure the dealer is helping you with that. Protect your rights, even if its inconvenient.

The following 2 users liked this post by CoKroVolvo:
GoDaron (03-02-2022), Jaim7 (05-04-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 03:12 PM

Nobody said to be disrespectful or burn a bridge. You can express your anger and be assertive about your desired outcome without being an A-hole about it. Tell the dealership that you understand the awkward situation that they are in. But use the dealership as your proxy. If they can't fix your problem, you escalate the situation. Be firm in what you want them to do. You don't have to accept "If it happens again, call us" after its happened again multiple times.

As I mentioned, there are laws in place to protect consumers from this type of situation. Check your state's laws. Understand what is required and what the process is. Work the process, and make sure your dealer isn't hurting that process and working against you, even if it is inadvertent.

My dealer didn't have official records of two of my visits. I asked them to formally document them. Volvo Corporate wants to know how many times you've had your car serviced for the same issue. You want a record of having to go to the dealer, even if its to have them press the reset button for you.

Do everything in your power to keep all options available to you, and make sure the dealer is helping you with that. Protect your rights, even if its inconvenient.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post #22 "Be mad. Call your dealership. Demand action" to be acting aggressively with the dealer. In your most recent post, you state it will be placed with Volvo. Seems reasonable to me.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem - internet issues, google issues, maps issues. I did the hold infotainment button deal, sometimes it would work, mostly didn’t. I did the hold defogger button deal, sometimes it would work, mostly didn’t. If finally went totally out immediately after I went through a car wash. The dealer ended up replacing a “TCAM” unit (not sure if that’s the right spelling, but that’s what he voiced over the phone).

It’s fixed the google maps issues - it hasn’t completely died since replacing the tcam. But I still have occasional issues with apps that depend on internet connectivity. Sometimes when using music apps and podcast apps, it won’t connect. You just get the spinning circle forever. So I switch to BT with my phone, and hope the next time it works.

Pretty annoying, to be honest. I’m in a subscription with this car, and in my state I have a 6 month minimum to keep it. I’m at 5 months now, and I’m leaning towards taking it back and walking away to a different brand. Some might consider that extreme just for music/podcasts. But to me its one of those things that shouldn’t have been brought to market if it isn’t going to work right. I don’t like spending my money on something that doesn’t work like it should. To me, keeping the car would just be rewarding Volvo for a half-baked implementation. It’s too bad, cuz I’ve wanted a Volvo since I was a teen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Skerinks:
Jaim7 (05-04-2022), rmo54 (04-22-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Skerinks
I had the same problem - internet issues, google issues, maps issues. I did the hold infotainment button deal, sometimes it would work, mostly didn’t. I did the hold defogger button deal, sometimes it would work, mostly didn’t. If finally went totally out immediately after I went through a car wash. The dealer ended up replacing a “TCAM” unit (not sure if that’s the right spelling, but that’s what he voiced over the phone).

It’s fixed the google maps issues - it hasn’t completely died since replacing the tcam. But I still have occasional issues with apps that depend on internet connectivity. Sometimes when using music apps and podcast apps, it won’t connect. You just get the spinning circle forever. So I switch to BT with my phone, and hope the next time it works.

Pretty annoying, to be honest. I’m in a subscription with this car, and in my state I have a 6 month minimum to keep it. I’m at 5 months now, and I’m leaning towards taking it back and walking away to a different brand. Some might consider that extreme just for music/podcasts. But to me its one of those things that shouldn’t have been brought to market if it isn’t going to work right. I don’t like spending my money on something that doesn’t work like it should. To me, keeping the car would just be rewarding Volvo for a half-baked implementation. It’s too bad, cuz I’ve wanted a Volvo since I was a teen.
Since you're paying "luxury" car prices to drive your Volvo, I don't blame you for considering moving onto another brand. Realize, though, that if you do move onto another luxury brand, they are not immune to issues, as well. Suggest looking at the owner forums for any other brand you are considering.

The following users liked this post:
Jaim7 (05-04-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by maggs
Realize, though, that if you do move onto another luxury brand, they are not immune to issues, as well. Suggest looking at the owner forums for any other brand you are considering.
Yeah for sure. That thought hit me as I was typing that, as well. Check the forums first!!

Old 02-22-2022, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Skerinks
Just picked up my car with a new TCAM in it. Guess we'll see.
20 days of service in the first 1250 miles on the car.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my car with a new TCAM in it. Guess we'll see.
20 days of service in the first 1250 miles on the car.
Hope it works for everyone here. I have cameras that don't come on when it's hot, and intermittent GPS/cell issues. They replaced the TCAM module and both issues continued. Now they're replacing the antenna (said it was warped...but they didn't note that for the TSB work) and they'll keep working at the camera. Seems like both may be mysteries.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Default I am on my second XC60 after dealer swapped - issue back

I took delivery of my 2022 XC60 early February on the color that I wanted with the features that I wanted. I had to derive a bit to this dealer but I thought it was worth it. Everything worked. I went home downloaded some maps and some apps and next day the internet stopped working. I called On Call, I called Volvo, chatted with someone and even emailed over the next few days. I was told to perform all those “resets”, including hard resetting, even uninstalling the app. Nothing worked. The car was 3 days old, took it for service, they couldn’t figure it out, told me that they were thinking on ordering some parts and it would probably take a month. Dealer offered to swap the car but I would need to keep the current car for the weekend because it would take them some tome to undo tye current contract and get me a new car. When I took the car back, not only it did not Connect to the internet, GPS was drifting across the state, bluetooth was not working not even the keys were working!
So I got a new car, they comped some accessories for the trouble and went home. A week latter the app stopped working. Then the rear door foot sensor stopped working and then the internet stopped working again. Now I have another appointment.
I am documenting everything but this is not looking promising. I traded my very well loved 2019 R-Design Bursting Blue for this. Regrets hunt me now.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:13 PM
Default Network Issues after 1.8 update

My modem went offline after the last update. It’s been a few days. This happened after the last update, resetting the screen and resetting using the defrost button worked before. This time it seems like the defrost button no longer works as a reset button - did that change with the 1.8 update?

either way, disappointing because I live in a new city and rely on Google maps to go most places.

I have another car that I bought last year with a high tech infotainment system and have had zero issues. I have issues with this one regularly and have had it less than 6 mos.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My internet has gone in and out of service a few times since purchasing the vehicle January 3rd. It's been at the dealer 3 times - each time for several days while they work with Volvo to try and determine what is wrong. I'm surprised that Volvo hasn't figured out more since it seems this issue has been around for some time now. They need to make this a high priority.

The latest word from Volvo (through the dealer) is that replacing the TCAM does NOT fix the issue. So they won't do that now. They say they have a software fix coming in April that will fix it. I guess we can only hope that is the case. In the meantime, the issue can be fixed by completely resetting the modem - including the backup battery (TCAM). The dealer needs to do this since they plug in and make it happen through their dealer tools. However, I've found through other forums that taking out a specific fuse for a minute and putting it back in has been working for several other owners. My internet just went out again yesterday, so I will try it tonight and let this group know if this worked for me. That would be a nice fix without having to take it in to the dealer.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:00 PM

So mine just went out again. GPS stuck in “Searching”, and no internet connectivity. Infotainment button reset didn’t work; front defroster button reset didn’t work. Waited overnight, still the same thing. Took it to the dealer, and they were able to get it in the next day. Like GoDaron above said, they told me they had to completely “reprogram the computer” (his words). He said there was a service bulletin out for the issue. That was yesterday, and so far it’s working fine. We’ll see how long this time lasts.

Also, still have constant problems with the SiriusXM. The music comes through fine, but you never know what station you’re on, as the display channel doesn’t match whats actually playing. I guess they aren’t making that a thing on their agenda to fix.

Last edited by Skerinks; 03-02-2022 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:42 AM

Skerinks,

Also, still have constant problems with the SiriusXM. The music comes through fine, but you never know what station you’re on, as the display channel doesn’t match whats actually playing. I guess they aren’t making that a thing on their agenda to fix.
Have you tried deleting the SiriusXM app and reinstalling it? I was having problems with Youtube Music and that fixed it for me.

Last edited by GoDaron; 03-03-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Skerinks (03-03-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by GoDaron
My internet has gone in and out of service a few times since purchasing the vehicle January 3rd. It's been at the dealer 3 times - each time for several days while they work with Volvo to try and determine what is wrong. I'm surprised that Volvo hasn't figured out more since it seems this issue has been around for some time now. They need to make this a high priority.

The latest word from Volvo (through the dealer) is that replacing the TCAM does NOT fix the issue. So they won't do that now. They say they have a software fix coming in April that will fix it. I guess we can only hope that is the case. In the meantime, the issue can be fixed by completely resetting the modem - including the backup battery (TCAM). The dealer needs to do this since they plug in and make it happen through their dealer tools. However, I've found through other forums that taking out a specific fuse for a minute and putting it back in has been working for several other owners. My internet just went out again yesterday, so I will try it tonight and let this group know if this worked for me. That would be a nice fix without having to take it in to the dealer.

Skerinks (03-03-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by GoDaron
Have you tried deleting the SiriusXM app and reinstalling it? I was having problems with Youtube Music and that fixed it for me.

Big derp, I have not. Didn’t even think of that, but makes sense - it’s an app like every other one on a phone. Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a try.

Edit: Welp, I tried to do this, but the system won’t let you delete the SiriusXM app. The best I could do was Force Stop, and clear cache and all settings. I’ve done that, and will log back in tmrw and see how it goes.

Edit2: Force Stopped and cache cleared. Had to call SiriusXM and have a reactivation signal sent to the car. Also lost all my favorites (no big deal, took 30secs to redo). But, I haven’t had a problem yet after a few days. Maybe that cleared it all up. I won’t be confident it did until until it goes a few weeks with no issues.

Edit3: Well it’s acting up again. Still no telling what SiriusXM station you’re on. I guess that’s just the way it is for this infotainment system. Disappointing. I subscribed to this car, and my 5 month commitment is up this month. Started the search today for a replacement. I will be sure to browse forums of other makes/models to see what problems they have. It’s good that car hunting is enjoyable for my wife and I!!

Last edited by Skerinks; 03-12-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:21 AM

Same Sirius issue here. The display mysteriously loaded a Billie Graham Religious Hour heading while I was listening to Led Zeppelin oldies . I thought it was pretty funny at the time and just left it as is. A couple of days later the heading corrected itself. I'd just leave yours be for a while and not try to delete and reinstall.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:53 AM
Default modem problems

Originally Posted by Thats_MrHope
We've had our 2022 Volvo XC60 for a little less than a month and began having issues with the in-car modem and Google maps. I've tried all the "tricks" to reset the modem but I don't believe it ever takes. Even when connected to the internet via Bluetooth, maps thinks I'm in some location that's 10 miles away. I've even attempted to factory reset, but every time I press the factory reset button it just clears as if it wasn't pressed at all. Anyone having similar issues, or have been able to reset the modem on a 2022 XC60? I've tried On-Call but they haven't been super helpful. Appointment at the dealership is a little over 3 weeks out smh.
I had this precise issue. Same car. Same age of car. Dealership said the modem was not communicating with the CAR (so he didn't know whether it was communicating with the internet). The modem was essentially dead. Dealership has ordered a new modem. (There are none in the entire U.S. apparently, so it'll be a while.)

Old 03-17-2022, 09:54 AM
Default modem problems

Originally Posted by Thats_MrHope
We've had our 2022 Volvo XC60 for a little less than a month and began having issues with the in-car modem and Google maps. I've tried all the "tricks" to reset the modem but I don't believe it ever takes. Even when connected to the internet via Bluetooth, maps thinks I'm in some location that's 10 miles away. I've even attempted to factory reset, but every time I press the factory reset button it just clears as if it wasn't pressed at all. Anyone having similar issues, or have been able to reset the modem on a 2022 XC60? I've tried On-Call but they haven't been super helpful. Appointment at the dealership is a little over 3 weeks out smh.
I had this precise issue. Same car. Same age of car. Dealership said the modem was not communicating with the CAR (so he didn't know whether it was communicating with the internet). The modem was essentially dead. Dealership has ordered a new modem. (There are none in the entire U.S. apparently, so it'll be a while.)

This also explains why the resets didn't (and won't) work.

Quick Reply: 2022 Volvo XC60 Internet issues