Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 Volvo XC60 Internet issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 08:55 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by molly1519
Have had reset screen several times with home button.. defrost. Nothing working to reset. 4,000 miles. Was serviced 2 wks ago with new updates apple car play. Waiting for dealer to call back. 2 hour drive one way with no Heat/ a/c maps radio … any ideas to reset black screen ?
i video recorded every issue as able. I brought it in every time, scheduled and unscheduled. I contacted Volvo, the dealership, and Customer Care. Volvo and I are in the process of a buyback. Look up Lemon Laws in your state... Texas required 3 times, with evidence, of a problem that continued, and the dealership would not or could not fix. It is long. They will ignore you. I was persistent. It has been a process since Oct. The issues you have were also mine. Along with my brakes not engaging, my vehicle turning off when it wanted, and a multitude of other problems. I strongly suggest you DOCUMENT DOCUMENT; who you called, when, exactly what they said, did or did not do. My vehicle had codes deleted from the dealership that are pertinent to the vehicle functioning (O2 sensor, etc). The XC60 is faulty. Not sure all the years but faulty enough a tragedy will occur and Volvo won't be held responsible. This must change!

The following users liked this post:
molly1519 (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Went through this with a 2014 grand Cherokee Limited. They bought it back finally in MA. Will check FL law Thank you.. you pay for what you get does not apply to cars evidently 😢

Old 01-13-2023, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by molly1519
Have had reset screen several times with home button.. defrost. Nothing working to reset. 4,000 miles. Was serviced 2 wks ago with new updates apple car play. Waiting for dealer to call back. 2 hour drive one way with no Heat/ a/c maps radio … any ideas to reset black screen ?
I would suggest to unplug the 12v battery for few minutes.
if that doesn’t work, use the on call to tow the car to dealer and back.
Also reach out to the volvo customer care with this complaint.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Guimedmar
I would suggest to unplug the 12v battery for few minutes.
if that doesn’t work, use the on call to tow the car to dealer and back.
Also reach out to the volvo customer care with this complaint.
The battery is in the trunk, under the spare wheel btw - and it does help sometimes. What you described happened to me and the car wouldn’t start. It would start only after unplugging the battery and work for the next 4-5 power cycles.
Overall I have to say that my XC60 has had more issues in a year than all the cars I have owned combined and I have been driving for 30 years! I even went though a buy back and the new car, had issues too. That being said - I am inclined to believe that a big factor here is the service department of the dealer you go to. The dealer I purchased the car from could not figure out the issues kept the car for days and I had to go several times. When the car was swapped and started having same issues again with the new car, I went to a different dealer service department - they told me that some of the software installed was not configured correctly, they fixed it and have not had any problems since - for over a year now. Your experience might be different, but if you have the option, and you are interested in keeping the car, try a different dealer.