Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 Volvo XC60 Internet issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No internet straight from factory

Ordered the late 2022 extended range XC60 recharge and the day I picked it up the car wasn’t connecting to internet at all (no GPS, Volvo on call, or SOS). Did all the reset options (resetting infotainment, holding front defroster button, etc) and nothing works. Took it back to dealership today and they couldn’t figure out what the problem is. Any thoughts? Could it be faulty modem straight out of the factory?

Old 03-31-2022, 08:15 PM
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Xc60recharge
Ordered the late 2022 extended range XC60 recharge and the day I picked it up the car wasn’t connecting to internet at all (no GPS, Volvo on call, or SOS). Did all the reset options (resetting infotainment, holding front defroster button, etc) and nothing works. Took it back to dealership today and they couldn’t figure out what the problem is. Any thoughts? Could it be faulty modem straight out of the factory?
I firmly believe that they have a bad batch of modems/chips/TCAM units but due to the supply chain issues can't get enough to issue a recall and replace them. I had my TCAM unit replaced and it did not solve the problem.

I said goodbye to my 2022 XC60 B5 Inscription today. Spent the last week without communications again.

Volvo bought my car back rather than going through the formal Lemon Law process. Overall, a ****ty car owning experience. On the plus side, I got to drive an XC60 for nearly 6 months for free. My Grand Cherokee arrives next week.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CoKroVolvo
I said goodbye to my 2022 XC60 B5 Inscription today... My Grand Cherokee arrives next week.

I’m tired of the GPS and internet working sometime, not other times. We leased a Buick Envision last weekend, and will be ending the Care By Volvo Subscription to our 2022 XC60 B5. I still have our XC40 leased for another 2.5yrs, so I can’t do much about it, although it does not have near the problems as the XC60 (still occasional, but not the daily crapshoot of the XC60). To me, keeping the Care By Volvo subscription when I can easily turn it in is just rewarding Volvo for the half-baked Infotainment system.

If they just would have Apple CarPlay, this wouldn’t be such a huge deal.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Had a pleasant surprise this morning. Car arrived. Had to race to the bank and sign papers before picking up my kids.

Big sigh of relief.

Old 04-03-2022, 03:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue, just suddenly stopped working. I followed all guidance (including calling Volvo OnCall) and nothing solved it. After about a week, it’s suddenly back on today.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem, I’m now in for the antenna replacement and backup battery. I loose connectivity each time the car sits for over 24 hours w/o use. I hard reboot the system and after 2-3 min all it’s functions are up and running again. Volvo still hasn’t 100% find/resolved the issue …

Old 04-23-2022, 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if these issues are unique to the 2022 XC60 T8 Recharge, or do they plague the B5/6 models, too?

Old 04-23-2022, 06:33 PM
Default Somewhat resolved internet issue

Folks, the main issue we found out (together with my dealership technician) was a software issue. I got my TCAM changed (together with my antenna and backup battery for the TCAM module) w/o resolving the issue of loosing the internet connection after being a few ours in an underground garage. He finally uploaded a software patch to get the connection back with ATT and it seams it started to work (5 days w/o a glitch).
The main issue seems to lie, both, with ATT and the Volvo’s TCAM in getting reconnected, so this patch is supposed to work until ATT fixes something on their side and Volvo on its next version. Hope this helps you folks.
Finally, when you reset the system (holding home button and FRONT defrost together) you should see a very fast and short message of “Full clean up” (only once). After that, the LTE sign will appear, the antenna triangle will show the strength of the signal (instead of a small x in the lower left side corner of the triangle). You should get reconnected with the GPS functioning within 4-5 minutes (both ATT and Volvo’s software will reconnect then). But once you are in a place w/o good internet and the car off, you will loose the connection and GPS again, until you get this software patch on your XC 60 T8 (mine a 2022).

The following users liked this post:
Guimedmar (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Guimedmar
same situation.
did the dealer provided you the patch Part Number? I have the VOE adapter and VIDA on my notebook. I would prefer to pay the 3 day subscription that taking the car to the dealer.
Nope, the car is under full warranty and the ATT subscription lasts 4 years (I believe). As stopgap measure, I used my phone as a hotspot (NOT bluetooh) into the car and immediately the GPS started working and all internet functions of the car worked also.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Very dissatisfied with my "upgrade" to the 2022 XC60

I traded in a 2018 XC60 for the 2022 XC60 and am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of functionality. I thought the addition of Google was going to be a great thing but so far it is horrible. I have jumped through all of the "hoops" of factory resets and still cannot get things connected. And the fact that my OnCall app worked great with my 2018 and is now useless with my 2022 because I can't get that to connect either.

For the money that I paid for a "luxury" brand, I expect far better from Volvo. And our local dealership just shrugs and tells me that fixes "are coming"...Seriously??!!!!

Following responses. If anyone has found anything that actually fixes the problems, please share....

Guimedmar (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 02:39 PM

I, too, traded in my 2018 T8 for the 2022 ER and am having the same issues. My car has been in the dealer’s service department for five days. They did everything under the sun, downloading, disconnecting, rebooting, etc., but to no avail. They finally ordered a new TCAM, which should arrive tomorrow. Will replacing it fix the problem? Stay tuned…

WaterDog20 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 09:54 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

GPS by default comes from signals via satellite, not AT&T or any cell-tower connection. Google Maps should be embedded in the car's memory, at least to some extent, but I'm not sure how the Map data are downloaded to the car -- possibly via a cell-tower connection??? I don't know how big the memory buffer is in these vehicles. (My Porsches use Porsche maps and satellite GPS, so that when I'm in remote areas outside of cell-tower reception, the maps still work well with the GPS position of the car plotted usually quite flawlessly -- sometimes the car will appear on the other side of a river in the mountains, but not too far away :-)

Old 05-04-2022, 09:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

How is your car working now?

J

Old 05-04-2022, 09:14 PM

The TCAM didn’t come in, so I picked up my car and will drive it, with a non-functioning GPS, until it does.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:42 AM
Default Updated 1.9 to 2.0 OS - no go

Sent xc60 2022 model back for OS upgrade (can't do otp as I don't have internet both from LTE nor WiFi). Got it back last week and was told to give it a few days.

Few days came and the LTE icon is now going on and off every 10 secs or so. Wifi function is back but nothing works even when connected to the internet. Tried every single possible reset under the sun but no go. Really crappy experience with dealer saying 'don't know how to help you further' for now. Wait for a fix?

Old 05-17-2022, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by chandlr21
Sent xc60 2022 model back for OS upgrade (can't do otp as I don't have internet both from LTE nor WiFi). Got it back last week and was told to give it a few days.

Few days came and the LTE icon is now going on and off every 10 secs or so. Wifi function is back but nothing works even when connected to the internet. Tried every single possible reset under the sun but no go. Really crappy experience with dealer saying 'don't know how to help you further' for now. Wait for a fix?
Contact the volvo customer care about the issues that you are facing and challenges with the dealer and your frustation.
in my case, it helped to get the car troubleshooted by Volvo remotely and get to the root case and expedite the shipping of the replacement part, that in my case was the TCAM.
I recommend that anyone facing this communication issue to contact the customer care.
https://volvo.custhelp.com/

Old 05-19-2022, 05:07 PM

Had the same issue. Dealer replaced the TCAM, and all is now well.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:22 PM
Default Air Confitioning

If you put the a/c on in the back- foes it control the front too? Mine seems to. Or I'm doing something wrong?

My a/c from 2 to Max a/c blows the same. Is it me? Or is this another issue?

J

Old 05-19-2022, 05:41 PM
Default Volvo App

Anyone have a problem with the app?
Everything is turned on.
It will not start my car. It will not tend to the climate.

What am I doing wrong?

J

Old 01-13-2023, 08:46 AM
Default Screen dead/ black

Have had reset screen several times with home button.. defrost. Nothing working to reset. 4,000 miles. Was serviced 2 wks ago with new updates apple car play. Waiting for dealer to call back. 2 hour drive one way with no Heat/ a/c maps radio … any ideas to reset black screen ?

Quick Reply: 2022 Volvo XC60 Internet issues