Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

May buy 2019 xc60, please advise

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May buy 2019 xc60, please advise

Hello out there,
My wife really wants a more luxurious SUV. I would like to make her happy but not at the expense of reliability (read repeated problems, break downs and $$$$ to mechanics). We are considering the 2019 T6 xc60. Her main interests are seat and ride comfort. Our 2014 Honda CRV has hard seats and an all too firm ride. It was a low cost SUV. She does not like it one bit. I have been a Honda owner since 1981 having owned three different models, all reliable. Luxury cars are of no interest to me but I want her happy. She does not like Acura RDX or Honda Passport, Pilot. I don't either.

The price of the T6 xc60 is daunting for me having never spent more than $25k on a car before. She intends to do the oversees buying option to save some $$ and have a trip.

My chief question/concern is: RELIABILITY. We are retired, have some extra $ for fun. However, I don't want to take on a repair risk and make best friends with either the indie repair guy or dealer service dept. My wife will be very disappointed and I will be just plain angry!

So any help is much appreciated from current SUV owners and owners of other model types! Thank you!!!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ranchhand1
Hello out there,
My wife really wants a more luxurious SUV. I would like to make her happy but not at the expense of reliability (read repeated problems, break downs and $$$$ to mechanics). We are considering the 2019 T6 xc60. Her main interests are seat and ride comfort. Our 2014 Honda CRV has hard seats and an all too firm ride. It was a low cost SUV. She does not like it one bit. I have been a Honda owner since 1981 having owned three different models, all reliable. Luxury cars are of no interest to me but I want her happy. She does not like Acura RDX or Honda Passport, Pilot. I don't either.

The price of the T6 xc60 is daunting for me having never spent more than $25k on a car before. She intends to do the oversees buying option to save some $$ and have a trip.

My chief question/concern is: RELIABILITY. We are retired, have some extra $ for fun. However, I don't want to take on a repair risk and make best friends with either the indie repair guy or dealer service dept. My wife will be very disappointed and I will be just plain angry!

So any help is much appreciated from current SUV owners and owners of other model types! Thank you!!!
Is there such thing as a new reliable car??? I was looking at the new 2019 Acura RDx and they are having some issues......One visits car forums and you would think all cars are having issues....but I believe many people only join car forums is when they are having issues.so it seems like there are a great # of issues, but in reality, it isnt the case. I loved the 2019 Volvo XC60 T6......but switched the the T8, as by time you figure in the $5000 tax credit (in the USA) brings it down to about the same price as the T6. I do plan on buying an extended warranty..steingold out of Rhode Island seems to sell them the cheapest..and enter in promo code...Swedespeed....and save another $100. I think a 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty is around $2400 thru them. I have never spent this much on a car either, so it is a big investment, but I do believe Volvos are a reliable car. 1 item you may want to stay away from,esp if yo u live in a colder climate is the air suspension. And if its out of warranty, it is $$$$$ to fix. I test drove the XC60 with and without air suspension a lot, and I really couldn't feel the difference..but others say it a must have...Another great volvo forum is https://forums.swedespeed.com/forum.php https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...amp-AWD-Volvos Good luck on your decision

Old 02-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flames9
Is there such thing as a new reliable car??? I was looking at the new 2019 Acura RDx and they are having some issues......One visits car forums and you would think all cars are having issues....but I believe many people only join car forums is when they are having issues.so it seems like there are a great # of issues, but in reality, it isnt the case. I loved the 2019 Volvo XC60 T6......but switched the the T8, as by time you figure in the $5000 tax credit (in the USA) brings it down to about the same price as the T6. I do plan on buying an extended warranty..steingold out of Rhode Island seems to sell them the cheapest..and enter in promo code...Swedespeed....and save another $100. I think a 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty is around $2400 thru them. I have never spent this much on a car either, so it is a big investment, but I do believe Volvos are a reliable car. 1 item you may want to stay away from,esp if yo u live in a colder climate is the air suspension. And if its out of warranty, it is $$$$$ to fix. I test drove the XC60 with and without air suspension a lot, and I really couldn't feel the difference..but others say it a must have...Another great volvo forum is https://forums.swedespeed.com/forum.php https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...amp-AWD-Volvos Good luck on your decision
Thank you. Well considered thoughts.