Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   XC60 2022 Nothing but problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/xc60-2022-nothing-but-problems-107343/)

Jesper N 11-04-2021 12:27 PM

Display panels suddenly shuts down

Just got my xc60 2022. 2nd time I hand it in to service. All of a sudden the display panels will just shut down and stop working. Everything goes first green then black. Anyone else having this problem? I can’t see how fast i’m driving, can’t use sensors, maps anything. The repair service doesnt seem to have a clue how to fix the problem.

longhaul 11-04-2021 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jesper N (Post 504251)
Just got my xc60 2022. 2nd time I hand it in to service. All of a sudden the display panels will just shut down and stop working. Everything goes first green then black. Anyone else having this problem? I can’t see how fast i’m driving, can’t use sensors, maps anything. The repair service doesnt seem to have a clue how to fix the problem.

If your service department is clueless and can't do anything to solve that issue, I would research the lemon law in your area. In my State, in the U.S., if an Issue isn't resolved in three service visits, within the first year of purchasing a new car and within the first 12,000 miles, your dealership has to buy the car back from you. Here's hoping that problem is resolved for you. Good luck.

777stent 11-06-2021 07:43 PM

Hello all,

Just drove a 2022 XC60. Liked the vehicle but WOW this forum speaks volumes. No Apple CarPlay until an update?. $20,000 Hyundais have Apple CarPlay! I asked the salesman what can I put in the center of the dash display and told “uhh only the map” Why is that? Display looks naked. Owners please help me. Would you buy this vehicle again? Or just move on? Beautiful lines but tech may be the deal breaker for me. Volvo is working on an Apple play update? Sounds like the DONT know how to incorporate it or they would.

clafluer2015@gmail.com 11-11-2021 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by anna-ru (Post 502260)
Hey guys,
new Volvo owner here (also English is not my native language so please exuse my spelling).

Volvo car has been a dream car for me for like 8 years. Now I have Volvo XC60 2022 and not sure what’s going on.

1) no remote start. Unbelievable. Volvo says they will update the app and the remote start will be available soon. Keep waiting.

2) weird thing happened yesterday while drivingDisplays went off while driving. The main display went pink and then completely off.The driver display went all yellow. AC and music was off.Had to park, stopped the car, started it over again. The driver display kept yellow, the main display booted back up in about 15 seconds. After that the driver display turned back to normal.

3) Starting today - Emission system sign illuminates. No idea what could cause it. The car has 500 mileage.
I’m having a long trip (about 5 hours drive one way) next week and now really worried.
Made a service appointment. But the nearest available service appointment is in 2,5 weeks.

4) map on driver’s display was off today. For now reason.

I’ve been having this car for just 2 weeks and so many issues already. So frustrating. I hope I didn’t make a mistake buying this car.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...ad80f61a9.jpeg
Similar thing happened to me! I bought the car with only 7 miles on it and only had it a few days before this occurred. Currently it’s back at the dealership and they are advising they need to replace the screen and infotainment system. How did they resolve your issue? Has it happened again?
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...a2cd50041.jpeg

clafluer2015@gmail.com 11-11-2021 05:01 PM

#2 same issues with screen

Originally Posted by anna-ru (Post 502260)
Hey guys,
new Volvo owner here (also English is not my native language so please exuse my spelling).

Volvo car has been a dream car for me for like 8 years. Now I have Volvo XC60 2022 and not sure what’s going on.

1) no remote start. Unbelievable. Volvo says they will update the app and the remote start will be available soon. Keep waiting.

2) weird thing happened yesterday while drivingDisplays went off while driving. The main display went pink and then completely off.The driver display went all yellow. AC and music was off.Had to park, stopped the car, started it over again. The driver display kept yellow, the main display booted back up in about 15 seconds. After that the driver display turned back to normal.

3) Starting today - Emission system sign illuminates. No idea what could cause it. The car has 500 mileage.
I’m having a long trip (about 5 hours drive one way) next week and now really worried.
Made a service appointment. But the nearest available service appointment is in 2,5 weeks.

I’ve been having this car for just 2 weeks and so many issues already. So frustrating. I hope I didn’t make a mistake buying this car.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...a88c340d5.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...ddc3ecb90.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...003e48a2d.jpeg
To your point #2- I just had this issue- purchased with only 7 miles on it- had it for 3 days. It happened multiple times. I since returned vehicle to dealership and they are advising they need to replace the screen and infotainment system. Just curious how your dealer fixed the issue and if you’ve had any problems since.

anna-ru 11-13-2021 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by clafluer2015@gmail.com (Post 504516)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...a88c340d5.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...ddc3ecb90.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...003e48a2d.jpeg
To your point #2- I just had this issue- purchased with only 7 miles on it- had it for 3 days. It happened multiple times. I since returned vehicle to dealership and they are advising they need to replace the screen and infotainment system. Just curious how your dealer fixed the issue and if you’ve had any problems since.

hello! I’m sorry you have this issue. Looks familiar to me. The same happens with my car at least every 2-3 weeks. First time it happened I was scared and thought something was seriously wrong. I went to the dealership, they updated the software and told me it was a software glitch. it didn’t help tho.

Screens, music, all entertaining system sometimes just turns off while driving.
what happens with your car after screens go green/pink/black?

Usually when this happens I just keep driving. About 10-20 seconds later screens go black, then in 3-5 minutes the system kind of reboots. There’s “Volvo” logo on the main screen and after that the system is back to normal. Maps, music, AC etc.
I decided not to go to the dealership again because I seriously doubt that they can do anything except updating the software (which I have already updated by my myself). It seems to me its just android glitch. Something makes system turn off and then reboot itself.
I really hope Volvo will fix this in the future updates.

a few weeks ago I was driving in the city centre. Highway, lots of exits etc. So I was driving when screens just turned green and off. I had to drive for 5 minutes without any maps having no idea where and what my exit was. Frustrating.

anna-ru 11-13-2021 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 777stent (Post 504330)
Hello all,

Just drove a 2022 XC60. Liked the vehicle but WOW this forum speaks volumes. No Apple CarPlay until an update?. $20,000 Hyundais have Apple CarPlay! I asked the salesman what can I put in the center of the dash display and told “uhh only the map” Why is that? Display looks naked. Owners please help me. Would you buy this vehicle again? Or just move on? Beautiful lines but tech may be the deal breaker for me. Volvo is working on an Apple play update? Sounds like the DONT know how to incorporate it or they would.

hello! I’ve been having this car since August. I can’t say I was completely satisfied with the purchase. I expected more from Volvo. Also I didn’t know that 2022 cars have brand new Android system.

my biggest complains were:
- no remote start
- no applecar play
- no options to connect my iphone with the car and listen audio books, podcasts and things like that
- both screens sometimes just turn off while driving. Which means no maps, no music etc You have to keep driving and wait for~ 5 minutes until android system reboots

what has been changed by now (the middle of November):
+ remote start now works just fine. It also has a timer, like when you want your car ready. I like that.
+ they added kind of extra bluetooth connection. So now I have no problems listening to audiobooks, listen to voice messages etc while driving
+ they also added Sirius and fm radio (I haven’t tried those, prefer Spotify)

- they haven’t fixed the screens going off problem yet I was kind of hoped last software update fixed it but it didn’t. The other day screens turned off again while I was driving. I would say it’s the biggest complaint right now. Driving in a new neighbourhood and having navigation system completely off for no reason is no fun.

The vehicle itself is awesome. I mean the comfort, details, quality, lights, seats etc.- just great. I enjoy every detail in this car. It really is good.
the only thing to work on is Android system. But I give them some credit giving all this is super new. I’m sure they will fix all the bugs.

yaromac 11-14-2021 06:37 PM

I would not buy it again. 73k purchase. I will get a Mercedes next year and sell this Volvo. The car wasn't ready for release. The dealer I bought it from flat out lied and left a crappy taste in my mouth. Volvo ignored my complaints about the dealer -- I kept being told I would get a call back and I didn't. So for me, poor product, poor company. Mercedes have CarPlay now. Stupid Volvo on air update won't load until I go back to the dealer.

Look elsewhere is my advice.

Susanna 11-16-2021 06:32 PM

2022 XC60 issues

I’ve had mine for a week. Brand new. starting on day 1 The Google screen turned colors, went blank, etc. Nothing works when that occurs except speedometer and gas gauge. Everything else shuts down. Heat. Radio. GPS. Everything controlled on google screen becomes disabled. The Volvo dealer in Winston Salem says they are “hoping” to get a replacement panel or updated software for it but have no idea when. Very very unhappy.

[bot

QUOTE=anna-ru;502260]Hey guys,

I’ve been having this car for just 2 weeks and so many issues already. So frustrating. I hope I didn’t make a mistake buying this car.[/QUOTE]

yaromac 11-17-2021 04:49 PM

Sorry to hear that Susanna, I don't know if this will help you or not but I wasted a huge amount of time and effort trying to get someone at Volvo to listen/hear and respond to my issues, particularly with the dealer over lying. I am quite persistent and I tried multiple methods, the app, regular email, the address listed for the customer service manager (Bill Casey), responding to the marketing mail-outs, and the web-based messaging system. I have had exactly zero response other than one CSA "we can't mediate with dealers." At the same time, I didn't get a copy of the satisfaction questionnaire I have received every other time I have bought a new vehicle (eg from Lexus, Audi, Honda, Infinity). I asked for one. No response.

So if I can save you a bit of time, I would say Volvo is a truly awful company who don't care about customer experience and satisfaction - either with the vehicles or the Dealers, so perhaps don't put all the time and energy I did into it. I cannot imagine any other car manufacturer ignoring all questions and complaints like this and to me, it explains why the dealer felt like they could flat out lie and deny -- they knew there would be no comeback from Volvo. There are multiple complaints about this dealer on the various web review sites -- Volvo just don't care.

As I said in another post, I'll sell mine next year and go for a Mercedes. In the meantime, I hope others thinking of the XC-60 2022 will find these forums and save themselves a lot of hassle.

Susanna 11-17-2021 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by yaromac (Post 504804)
Sorry to hear that Susanna, I don't know if this will help you or not but I wasted a huge amount of time and effort trying to get someone at Volvo to listen/hear and respond to my issues, particularly with the dealer over lying. I am quite persistent and I tried multiple methods, the app, regular email, the address listed for the customer service manager (Bill Casey), responding to the marketing mail-outs, and the web-based messaging system. I have had exactly zero response other than one CSA "we can't mediate with dealers." At the same time, I didn't get a copy of the satisfaction questionnaire I have received every other time I have bought a new vehicle (eg from Lexus, Audi, Honda, Infinity). I asked for one. No response.

So if I can save you a bit of time, I would say Volvo is a truly awful company who don't care about customer experience and satisfaction - either with the vehicles or the Dealers, so perhaps don't put all the time and energy I did into it. I cannot imagine any other car manufacturer ignoring all questions and complaints like this and to me, it explains why the dealer felt like they could flat out lie and deny -- they knew there would be no comeback from Volvo. There are multiple complaints about this dealer on the various web review sites -- Volvo just don't care.

As I said in another post, I'll sell mine next year and go for a Mercedes. In the meantime, I hope others thinking of the XC-60 2022 will find these forums and save themselves a lot of hassle.

update:
The local dealer has a new software update they’ll install next Tuesday which Volvo corporate has provided. Fingers crossed that fixes the problems! I love the vehicle otherwise, but very frustrated about the Google panel going out.

JackBxl 11-18-2021 08:52 AM

XC60 2022 : Car update = car stuck

I got a warning on the central screen to update the software.
The message was stating it could take 1,5 hour before I could use the car again.
After 5 hours, the car was still unopenable - I had to use the emergency key to open the door.
The engine does not start at all, nothing appear on the display
On the central screen, just a message stating something went wrong with the upgrade and I had to reach "Volvo On Call"
Car had to be towed and is since 4 days at the dealership: they do not seem to know what to do !
It is the 7th Volvo in my family, probably the last one :-(

Did anyone experience the same behavior during the upgrade (to 1.7 version) ?

anna-ru 11-18-2021 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JackBxl (Post 504841)
I got a warning on the central screen to update the software.
The message was stating it could take 1,5 hour before I could use the car again.
After 5 hours, the car was still unopenable - I had to use the emergency key to open the door.
The engine does not start at all, nothing appear on the display
On the central screen, just a message stating something went wrong with the upgrade and I had to reach "Volvo On Call"
Car had to be towed and is since 4 days at the dealership: they do not seem to know what to do !
It is the 7th Volvo in my family, probably the last one :-(

Did anyone experience the same behavior during the upgrade (to 1.7 version) ?

Im so sorry it happened!
what does the dealer say? Have they contacted Volvo?

Ros 11-19-2021 09:55 AM

I don’t blame you. We’re on day 2 and already regretting our decision.

Ros 11-19-2021 10:01 AM

That’s the one thing that does work well on our 2 day old XC60! I have the iPhone 12 and it charges well, with some heat generated, but nothing that seems out of the ordinary.

Ros 11-19-2021 10:05 AM

We’re on day 2 and our screen(s) also shut down - the first time driving home from the dealership after we picked up our new vehicle. For a company like Volvo to rely entirely on the Google OS is mind-boggling.

aguruge 11-20-2021 06:37 PM

I would second (or third, or fourth) this. Got a 2022 XC60 B5 AWD Polestar. NOTHING but grief. Google Android software is NOT ready for prime time. I just posted a YouTube video.
https://www.guruge.com/2022-volvo-xc...ideo-pictures/

FirstandLast 11-21-2021 03:13 PM

Not Ready for Prime Time

I have my 2022 XC60 B6 for 2 months and it is the quirkiest vehicle I ever had. I have experienced the tire pressure issue as did others. The Android Auto feature seems to be an empty promise. The front sensors and rear camera seem to stop working for no reason, and then come back days later. If I have my seat belt off and open the driver's door, the car shuts off. Often Google is offline. If the car is off for a few days, the radio station I was on is not remembered. Never mentioned by the sales staff that there is no AM radio capability. A critical flaw. The freeways often have signs requesting you to turn to an AM station for critical traffic or other info. Salesman claimed that the vehicle could be remote started with the app, but all that happens is the fan blows hot air (about as much as the salesman did).
The dealership keeps saying that a software update "may" fix these problems, but they offer no insight as to when the update will occur. They also say that if the problem is not occurring at the time, there is no sense in bringing the vehicle in for service.
Do we need to investigate entering into a class action lawsuit to address these issues? Are these issues severe enough to file "lemon law" claims?
Has anyone received any positive responses from their dealerships or from Volvo corporate?

aguruge 11-22-2021 05:54 PM

Agree 100% with last poster.

I think we need to start looking at Class Action suit. Yes.
I am going to look into Lemon Laws (in my state, New Hampshire).

My dealership, 'Volvo Cars of Exeter', thinks it is FUNNY. Telling me I should focus on BIGGER problems in the world! Clueless. All they are after is the money.

Lets UNITE. Stand together. Solidairity.

LeaS123 11-22-2021 06:29 PM

Agree 100%

I have a new 2022 xc60 and I have had nothing but problems. I have done a factory reset already and several resets from the home button. The app doesn’t notify me and when I go to set it up again it too says to pair phone. That doesn’t work either. I have also talked to Volvo on call several times and they are useless as well. So frustrated that for all of this money it doesn’t all work.

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley (Post 501691)
Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,