Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 2022 Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 06:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Agree 100%

Also my park assist malfunction goes on periodically and the dealer has told me they don’t see any issues. I keep taking photos of it when it happens

Old 11-22-2021, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Troubles

Yesterday, Google Maps kept a message on screen "locating gps". Problem continued today. Called Volvo USA support. After nearly a half hour of trying things, tech had me reset the Volvo SIM. He said that the car lost its Internet connection. Resetting worked. Shouldn't the software be smart enough to reconnect to the Internet?

The following users liked this post:
Ros (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 11:14 AM
Default Same problem w remote start

I have the same problem, spent hours to try to fix until finally a Volvo on call assistant told me the functionality is not there. It is freezing in new England and I bought this car over an audi q5 only because that car does not have remote start. The dealership knew that but never informed me about the problem.
not a great 1st experience with volvo.

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley
Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,

Ros (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 11:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Newtonxc60
I have the same problem, spent hours to try to fix until finally a Volvo on call assistant told me the functionality is not there. It is freezing in new England and I bought this car over an audi q5 only because that car does not have remote start. The dealership knew that but never informed me about the problem.
not a great 1st experience with volvo.
if your MY22 XC60 has updated to 1.7 and you have at least the 5.7 VOC app, many have reported the remote start via climate works now. Haven’t tried it myself (probably need to this coming Friday morning). For the remote start to kick in, pick a climate timer 15 minutes or less.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:17 PM
Default Agree 100%

I too would be happy to look into it. The dealer laughs every time I am there. They took the first car back a month ago bec none of the electrical things worked. They found another one for me and everything “sometimes” works. What a mess. I have never returned a car before. My insurance person laughed too.

Ros (11-24-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by JoelPadgett
if your MY22 XC60 has updated to 1.7 and you have at least the 5.7 VOC app, many have reported the remote start via climate works now. Haven’t tried it myself (probably need to this coming Friday morning). For the remote start to kick in, pick a climate timer 15 minutes or less.
got to try this earlier today and climate remote start did work. Set climate to start in 10 minutes, app said it must start car to meet that schedule. It asked for Face ID (I am on iOS) and the car was started when I got to the car. Driver display notified that a remote start occurred and that I need to turn the start button before driving.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:25 PM

My remote start works but I don’t get any notifications when my car is unlocked or any other alerts

Old 11-27-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by LeaS123
My remote start works but I don’t get any notifications when my car is unlocked or any other alerts
I received notifications from the app when the 1.7 infotainment update was available and after it successfully installed.

the unlocked notification only fires after 30 minutes so haven’t had a reason for it to alert me yet.

Old 11-27-2021, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Car works good but info system pisses me daily

Driving a luxury car is dream for many common people like me and issues with the google info system pisses me daily. Its been 2 months I bought this car and I already made 3 visits to service center.
And my complaint with volvo customer care is still open [ID #: 211019-001133]
1) The screen turns off suddenly while driving.
2) The google assistant doesn’t work properly most of the time, because of no signal and sim connectivity issues.
3) I lost the signal for 2-3 days all of a sudden with no navigation and songs.
4) volvo on call stops working all of sudden for no reason.

I beg Volvo team to seriously consider our issues and solve them quickly. Every customer has sweat a lot for their purchase. Volvo please resolve this to gain the trust of the customers.

Thanks

The following 2 users liked this post by avinashkmm:
collectomaniac8 (01-23-2022), Ros (11-29-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 05:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 當機多次 回到廠內更新 還是一樣當機

Old 11-28-2021, 05:23 AM
Default Could they solve your problem?

I am facing the same problem? The dealer is just telling that some new update will come after 1 month. Just want to know whether your problem got solved? Ca
Originally Posted by clafluer2015@gmail.com

Similar thing happened to me! I bought the car with only 7 miles on it and only had it a few days before this occurred. Currently it’s back at the dealership and they are advising they need to replace the screen and infotainment system. How did they resolve your issue? Has it happened again?

Old 11-28-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by vynu
  • other than displaying maps , rest of the screen is pretty much empty
  • when in active call with mobile, the feedback or status of the call window displayed right in the middle of screen which blocks maps view
Hi,

Is this an issue o did they release an update to fix this?

Old 11-28-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiter
OMG, so sorry you 2022 folk are having to deal with this, it's starting to become pretty clear the pie wasn't fully baked. RE: your most recent issue with the automatic brakes. When I took delivery of my 2021, my sales guy who was pretty good on the tech side showed me all the settings and recommended a few settings from information his customers relayed to him. On mine if I remember correctly there is a city settings for the emergency braking with three levels. He suggested the least sensitive setting and that one still keeps me from backing into someone even if they're walking three car links away. I think it was in the master settings but your 2022 manual would be the place to look. I hope that can be of 'some' help. Best luck going on. I'm sure they will get all this fixed, sadly they took the pie out of the oven too soon.

Hi,

I just booked my xc60 2022 model, should I reconsider or wait based on what you all are facing till date? Or are these issues getting resolved but just taking time.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:08 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm looking at this thread and have concerns regarding the Google infotainment solution from afar, having previously purchased my factory ordered 2020 V90 Inscription in June of 2020. In a race to introduce more-and-more tech, along with the migration to a Google-based system, perhaps Volvo may have introduced 2022 model year owners to a bleeding edge technology solution. Typically, the advice given for a new model introduction is to delay purchase for two or three model years. If you'd prefer to acquire an XC60, perhaps it might be worthwhile to consider a 2019 or 2020 CPO. Keep this for a few years, and then acquire a newer model down the road. Almost regardless of car brand, the single biggest reliability issue concerns vehicle software systems. As such, if it were me, I'd stay away from any significant first-year technology implementations.

Avinashy (11-28-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 05:56 AM
DWH

Hi there,

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,
I have also had a number of ****ly software issues with my new XC60 2022 R-Design.

Changed my phone and couldn't delete the old one from Volvo on call devices. I had to delete the profile and start again and that sorted it.
also you can do a soft re-boot of the OS by holding the central display button for 10-12 seconds that might solve some of the issues.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Default 2022 XC60 T8 underwhelmed

Picked up the new xc60 t8 on Saturday.

Lovely looking car, but my word this car has major faults. I traded in my S90 and I wish I had it back.

The Google assistant is terrible, it constantly makes me reconnect. She takes an age to follow simple commands. Maps has no useful features. I honestly believe the system in this car is worse than my 2017 S90.

Fuel consumption, a car that promises over 100mpg i am averaging 37mpg because i work 37miles from my house. Driving in winter without heating to see if it helps is ridiculous.

The annoying thing is I love volvos but I feel as if I've been ripped off. I should have bought the Merc GLC instead.

Rant over. Hopefully a future update will resolve some of the Google Assistant issues.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:49 PM
Default Texting

Now my messaging won’t work on top of the app not connecting w my phone. Spent an hour on phone with Volvo customer care and the man has no idea why app won’t connect. Also now the texting won’t work and it keeps telling me to turn it on in my phone or reconnect the iPhone to the car. I have done both 100 times plus many factory resets

Old 12-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Default Update

Originally Posted by Kalyan Kar
I am facing the same problem? The dealer is just telling that some new update will come after 1 month. Just want to know whether your problem got solved? Ca

???

the infotainment system was replaced and for the 4 days I had it back seemed to be working properly- but now there’s a brake failure that left me stranded in traffic. The brakes went out, twice, I put in park and shut down car then it wouldn’t change gears as it didn’t recognize the brake pedal. It was towed to Volvo, they are replacing the “brake controller module” (2 weeks to get part) and I purchased brand new, this all occurred within 1 month of owning it. I’m thinking the 2021 is the way to go, new systems are not up to par clearly.

Last edited by clafluer2015@gmail.com; 12-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:52 PM
Default Problem not solved.

Just received an email tonight that Volvo customer care wants me to take car back to dealer for service to see if they can get the app to work. They will not be able to do it either bec they know even less. I am so frustrated

Old 12-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2022 xc60 B6 software problems

Hi there,

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?Regards,
I traded in a 2018 xc60 for a 2022 xc60. So far this new car is a very disappointing downgrade. Volvo should not have released this car since a great deal of the software was not ready. My navigation system is regularly not working. I paid for Polestar which is software and still don’t have it. My most recent software update gave me Sirius radio but create other software issues. I still don’t have use of Volvo on call so no remote starting, no vehicle location, no vehicle diagnostics etc. etc. etc.

Quick Reply: XC60 2022 Nothing but problems