Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 2022 Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 04:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't seen that happen with the map page. My car has been much more stable since the last update. Emergency braking is still seriously glitchy and I think the apple car play is still buggy so I don't use it. I keep comparing it to my 2011 Audi S4, the Audi's auto systems (windshield wiper, heat/a/c, maps) just worked better. The Volvo; wipers go nuts occasionally, the "auto" environmental doesn't control the fan speed, the power tailgate is still intermittent, the music player can't keep the album art sorted correctly. These are not new techs, the Audi did it all better 11 years ago.

Old 02-21-2023, 05:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oh You Reminded Me....

They AC for the back seat would not allow for any controls. It stayed on no matter what and only blew cold. Also, the AC unit had two levels, 1 and then 2 but 2 was a 5.
Originally Posted by lance
Haven't seen that happen with the map page. My car has been much more stable since the last update. Emergency braking is still seriously glitchy and I think the apple car play is still buggy so I don't use it. I keep comparing it to my 2011 Audi S4, the Audi's auto systems (windshield wiper, heat/a/c, maps) just worked better. The Volvo; wipers go nuts occasionally, the "auto" environmental doesn't control the fan speed, the power tailgate is still intermittent, the music player can't keep the album art sorted correctly. These are not new techs, the Audi did it all better 11 years ago.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Volvo owes 2022 XC60 B5 (and other XC60 models) some remuneration for all these software and other glitches which have yet to be appropriately and totally resolved ! A most reasonable response from Volvo would, in my view, be to automatically and transparently extend the new vehicle warranty period for all owners of these vehicles. The amount of time owners have had to spend at the dealers and the suffrage for loss of time of an operational and fully functioning vehicle is inexcusable for Volvo which prides itself on vehicle safety and reliability.

The following 2 users liked this post by hshlevin1:
Gallego (03-06-2023), Ros (02-28-2023)
Old 02-22-2023, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't see anything like that! What a mess. Sounds like a complete re-install of the software including any update is in order! Good luck.

Old 03-04-2023, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric system shut off while making a turn and software version stuck on V 2.2

1. Received email from Volvo that in order to get the newest Software update Version 2.6 (currently stuck on V 2.2) bring into service as OTA update not available for my model. After hours of researching why Google assistant connects to my car but doesn't recognize the vehicle and doesn't turn the car on or off like it's supposed to.
Why in 2023 do we not have OTA updates for everything?! It's mind boggling.

2. One time in August 2022 my 2022 XC60 B5 AWD Inscription's electrical system randomly turned off while driving just before making a left turn. Emergency SOS lights turned red and blinked. Had to quickly restart the car, thankfully when the ignition turned off then back on it restarted. My friend and I were scared! We could've been T-boned.

The reason I left BMW and came to Volvo was because of the innovative Android and Google integration. Second guessing my decision.

Old 03-05-2023, 05:53 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The Google integration sucks. Why they did it is beyond me. This was the best car on the road at one time and Googling it may be the end of the entire car line. What a shame. Volvo there is still time to get your status back. Take Google out of the mild hybrid and you will probably have a winner since gasoline vehicles are here for at least another twenty years till the technology catches up. Don't woke fool yourself into believing our electrical grid can support every car on the road being an EV.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Default Xc60 2023

"since getting anew xc60 oon dec 27th 2022. It has been in service 3x's . The biggest problem which now is and not going away is when i start the car the key is not being detected " comes on and he car wont start! I have to try numerous times then it starts. The key is right on the console . This is scary and not safe. I can be stranded any where. I am on the road alot also. Volvo tells me its an update that is causing this . Hard to believe., in the meantime so i can be stranded . They dont know how to fix and obviously there is no fix. This car is bad cannot be trusted so unfortunate!!! I bought this car thinking i was getting a good car. I had a 2022 for 5 mths turned out to be a lemon, so they gave me a 2023 and now there are new things happening with the 2023. Buyer beware!!

Old 03-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley
Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,
Unfortunately the 2022 XC-60 from Volvo is a complete piece of ****. To buy you some time you might try the following soft reset of the infotainment system.

Press and HOLD the home button at the bottom of the infotainment system screen. After approximately 10-15 sec the lock clean screen will come on. DO NOT LET GO, continue to hold for another 30 seconds until the word volvo shows up. This will do a soft reset of your system much like rebooting your computer when it gets a little glitchy. This will not reset any of your preselected items within the infotainment system but it will clean out some loose code that may be causing your problems. I have had to perform this soft reset approximately every 6 weeks or so. Sometimes my screen is completely dark, or AC controls are locked out. Performing this reset gets me back in.

With that said, Volvo sucks and I am looking to dispose of the car at a loss of approximately $20k. Worst purchase I have ever made in 50 years. VOLVO Corporation SUCKS big time. I personally hope this puts them out of business in the US...

Good Luck
John

Last edited by jpiotti01@gmail.com; 03-10-2023 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-10-2023, 10:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So sorry this is happening!

Originally Posted by ChrisNP87
1. Received email from Volvo that in order to get the newest Software update Version 2.6 (currently stuck on V 2.2) bring into service as OTA update not available for my model. After hours of researching why Google assistant connects to my car but doesn't recognize the vehicle and doesn't turn the car on or off like it's supposed to.
Why in 2023 do we not have OTA updates for everything?! It's mind boggling.

2. One time in August 2022 my 2022 XC60 B5 AWD Inscription's electrical system randomly turned off while driving just before making a left turn. Emergency SOS lights turned red and blinked. Had to quickly restart the car, thankfully when the ignition turned off then back on it restarted. My friend and I were scared! We could've been T-boned.

The reason I left BMW and came to Volvo was because of the innovative Android and Google integration. Second guessing my decision.
Reset everything to factory settings. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of Volvo.

Document, document, document everything from day one and get ALL interactions with the dealership (emails, phone calls time stamp, duration, name, and records). Also, when you bring it in, bring ALL the keys and make sure each key is programmed correctly. I changed to the orange key so they would have to program it as an "equal". Then make sure at pick up you go over every thing they "fixed". Reset, set up, start to finish. Then reset again.
Its a beating but every time I picked it up "fixed" and drove home something else malfunctioned.

J

Old 03-11-2023, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jaim7

Document, document, document everything from day one and get ALL interactions with the dealership (emails, phone calls time stamp, duration, name, and records). Also, when you bring it in, bring ALL the keys and make sure each key is programmed correctly. I changed to the orange key so they would have to program it as an "equal". Then make sure at pick up you go over every thing they "fixed". Reset, set up, start to finish. Then reset again.
Its a beating but every time I picked it up "fixed" and drove home something else malfunction
J
Hi there , it never ends with theses cars all I know do not give up keep bringing the car into service everytime there is a problem. Take pics videos so u have proof They do not know the fix to these issues ! Make a complaint to consumer protection. Complain to Attorney general … lemon law this is outrageous for a new car Dept of transportation of safety also
go to a news room there should be class action law suit against them we need people to get together abandon do this !

Old 03-11-2023, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jaim7

Its a beating but every time I picked it up "fixed" and drove home something else malfunction
J
Hi there , it never ends with theses cars all I know do not give up keep bringing the car into service everytime there is a problem. Take pics videos so u have proof They do not know the fix to these issues ! Make a complaint to consumer protection. Complain to Attorney general … lemon law this is outrageous for a new car Dept of transportation of safety also
go to a news room there should be class action law suit against them we need people to get together and sue !!!

Old 03-11-2023, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by jpiotti01@gmail.com
Unfortunately the 2022 XC-60 from Volvo is a complete piece of ****. To buy you some time you might try the following soft reset of the infotainment system.

Press and HOLD the home button at the bottom of the infotainment system screen. After approximately 10-15 sec the lock clean screen will come on. DO NOT LET GO, continue to hold for another 30 seconds until the word volvo shows up. This will do a soft reset of your system much like rebooting your computer when it gets a little glitchy. This will not reset any of your preselected items within the infotainment system but it will clean out some loose code that may be causing your problems. I have had to perform this soft reset approximately every 6 weeks or so. Sometimes my screen is completely dark, or AC controls are locked out. Performing this reset gets me back in.

With that said, Volvo sucks and I am looking to dispose of the car at a loss of approximately $20k. Worst purchase I have ever made in 50 years. VOLVO Corporation SUCKS big time. I personally hope this puts them out of business in the US...

Good Luck
John
Yes Volvo sucks....lost10k on my car...a few months old and never worked. A very scary vehicle and Volvo does not care about you the customer.

Old 03-11-2023, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by BruceS
Yes Volvo sucks....lost10k on my car...a few months old and never worked. A very scary vehicle and Volvo does not care about you the customer.
Hi Bruce about to take a $15k-$20k hit on my POS XC-60.

May I ask what you purchased to replace the Volvo?

I am looking at Genesis GV-80 and Lexus RX-350.

Thanks
John

Old 03-11-2023, 08:18 AM

I purchased BMW X5 and love it. Will never go back to Volvo and I have owned seven of them. Test drive the X5....My 2022 XC60 was so unreliable as I never knew if I was going to get stuck somewhere....I had to park it in the garage and stop driving it and that is when I had had enough. Volvo refused to help so I took the loss and I am glad I did.

Old 03-11-2023, 08:25 AM

Thank you for your insight. I took delivery in June 2022 and have also kept it in the garage. Only 3,200 miles on it. I am using a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 43k miles as my daily driver. I purchased it new in 2000 for 26k and have kept it in mint condition.

I live in the mountains and am scared to death to drive the Volvo because when you are stuck in a remote area of Colorado you better have survival supplies in the back area of the vehicle or who knows if you will actually survive. This Volvo **** is no joke.

Thank You,
I will check out the X-5
John

Old 03-11-2023, 08:45 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I only had 4300 miles on my car and was just afraid to drive anywhere. Volvo just refused to talk to me or offer any support. What a shame. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
jpiotti01@gmail.com (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Angry xc60 2023

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! After having the 2022 xc60 with so many problems by 5 months they gave me another xc60 2023. yes thank you but I really did not want another Volvo . Never thought that I would be going through this again . 2022 was worse than the 2023.. Within the first week started having problems with this one at 200miles. coolant light came on needing service. Brought into service . They changed the thermostat. The On CAll light keeps on going out and sometimes it interrupts calls . When go out to start the car it does not start. A warning comes on saying "Vehicle key not detecting the car service needed. I restart in -4 times before it actually starts . the key is on the console when I try starting it . Sio frustrating .. been into service 4 times since I had the car only 3 months with 4700 miles first time service tells me it's a battery . well happened again then next time they tell me its an update. happened again ! next time they tell me its the key farb falling asleep and I have too unlocked from the farb., OUTRAGOUS!!! THIS IS INCONCONSISTANT. DOES NOT REPLICATE FOR SERVICE WHEN THEY HAVE IT . THEY KEPT IT FOR 5 DAYS AND DID NOT SEE IT HAPPENING. they blame it on the updates . Having all these issues with a brand new car is incomprehensible . I should not be having all these issues with a brand new CAR..... I am not comfortable driving this car especially when I travel with a baby at times and go long distances ......I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND A BUY BACK. CANNOT TRUST THIS CAR.... ITS NOTS RELIABLE . DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR CAR THEY ARE LEMONS. FIGHT FOR A BUY BACK SICKENING THAT I PURCHASED THIS CAR THINKING THAT IS WAS GOOD IM GOING THROUGH HELL AND ALOT OF STRESS AND INCONVENIENCES FOR THE PAST 8 MONTHS . 5 MONTHS WITH THE 2022 AND NOW 3 MONTHS WITH THE 2023!!!!

Old 03-11-2023, 09:32 AM

Report it to att general
transportation of safety
apply to the lemon law in your state if the vehicle is in service 4 times
take pics and video for proof

Old 03-11-2023, 09:58 AM

I am so sorry for your troubles. Yes Volvo S**ks BIG Time!!! This car manufacturer should be booted out of the USA. I absolutely HATE them and their product. I too do not feel safe driving the vehicle and have parked it into my garage. Unfortunately Colorado has some of the worst consumer protection laws in the country. I believe we are ranked 49 out of 50. I know I am going to get jammed for at least $15k-$20k but I am absolutely losing my mind over this piece of garbage car and specifically the company. They really do SU*K.....

Good luck to you and I hope you can get a buyback. My car is 4 months from the drop dead lemon law date but I do not have a chance.....The main reason is that unknown to me until recently, when I brought the vehicle in for service, they did not document it in my record that I was even there. Rickenbaugh Volvo on the other hand has tried to fix the garbage car and documented everything. Their service is excellent even if the car is awful.

Last edited by jpiotti01@gmail.com; 03-11-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the tips,

I do have video of the famous infotainment lockout where NOTHING WORKS.

We shall see.

Thanks
John

Quick Reply: XC60 2022 Nothing but problems