Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 Early 2022 Recharge

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XC60 Early 2022 Recharge

I am reading the the 2022s have twice the range. Finer details seems to show this mid cycle the US 2022s will get the version that I think is selling as the 2022 in Europe. Going from ~19 to ~40 miles on battery is a game changer for me. Seems like my days are around 30ish miles. So a 40 mile range would mean I could charge at home once a day at home.

To my question, does anyone know/think the first version 2022s will be able to be upgraded to that battery? Interesting as the 40 mile range versions actually have a bigger electric motor I think as well. So if you could. upgrade to this batter on the smaller motor, the range may be even bigger.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:17 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Mileage range

Originally Posted by JediDude
I am reading the the 2022s have twice the range. Finer details seems to show this mid cycle the US 2022s will get the version that I think is selling as the 2022 in Europe. Going from ~19 to ~40 miles on battery is a game changer for me. Seems like my days are around 30ish miles. So a 40 mile range would mean I could charge at home once a day at home.

To my question, does anyone know/think the first version 2022s will be able to be upgraded to that battery? Interesting as the 40 mile range versions actually have a bigger electric motor I think as well. So if you could. upgrade to this batter on the smaller motor, the range may be even bigger.
I also read the 2022's have higher battery capacity, my 2021 reliably gives 20-21, never higher. But everything works so......
This is my 2nd PHEV so a little experience re: mileage. When the batteries are cold, expect less range just due to that, all EV's are that way. Then if running electric seat heaters or car heater, those are like a dead short to a battery, no way around it in the winter. Nothing wrong with the car, it just uses the juice up faster. Some models such as Tesla report up to 30% less range.

If you're getting 30ish miles on a charge, you've got the right battery considering the time of the year. My car is in the garage every night so very seldom will I start out w/extremely cold batteries. And I installed a Level II source for power. My 1st PHEV was the Honda Clarity and I got around 40 miles on batteries as well. The concept on that one was different than ours. Basically, it was an electric drive all the time. When the batteries got low, the little 1.6 liter engine would cut on to run the motor/generator for power and on the highway could give up to a 70% charge. Getting used to it was weird though. You could be at a traffic light and the little engine would start up and run about 3000 RPM to spin up the motor/generator. Took some time to get used to the buzzy little thing but the engine didn't have a direct connection to the driving wheels most of the time. One day I saw a wreck happen about a 100 yards in front of me when a car ran a stop sign and hit a Jeep coming toward me. All I could do was slow down and I was nearly stopped when the Jeep that got spun around hit my drivers side post about 40 mph. Killed the car or I'd still have it. I didn't get a scratch but the car died with all the air bags blown and the chassis was bent. Now they are only sold on the West coast and some in NY area. At a year old, USAA gave me enough to buy a new one again but there just weren't any in Ga.

The following users liked this post:
JediDude (11-25-2021)