Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Tire pressure indicator XC70 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure indicator XC70 2009

My tire pressure indicator went off. I inflated the tires to the recommended amount on the door sticker 33 PSI. drove the car 25 KM and sensor is still indicating low pressure. How does one turn this off

Old 11-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A Sensortive New Age Guy

Originally Posted by hscoco
My tire pressure indicator went off. I inflated the tires to the recommended amount on the door sticker 33 PSI. drove the car 25 KM and sensor is still indicating low pressure. How does one turn this off
You will need to find out if you have one or more sensors with a dead battery, in which case you need to replace them. Don't feel bad, it is about time for the TPMS sensors in the '07 cars to start dying off. The TPMS receiver should have reset, so I suspect either you drove your 25 KM too slowly OR you have one or more sensors with dying/dead batteries.

I am in process of replacing my sensors now, for maintenance. I am going to try some VDO and some Orange sensors. I posted a request for suggestions as to sensors to buy and got 24 lurks but **NO** responses, so I guessed at the replacements. Schrader is the OE, they make replacement sensors as well but I did not see anyone selling discounted sets of 4 while I was shopping... so as for my replacements, I'll post how that goes when I have the info. I will know about the sensors I put in the winters first, then the summers. The thing that bothers me is it would be possible to make the batteries in the sensors replaceable if they wanted to but it would increase the cost of the packaging and it would not necessarily benefit the car's first owner (the OE sensors and batteries last long time). From time to time you can find auto recyclers posting sensors on fleabay that have tested 80% or better for battery strength, that will fit your car. That's not a bad bet, it really should get you thru at least one set of tires before it's time to replace battery. Just be careful to get the right ones.

If you can afford to, replace the sensors all at once so you don't have to make multiple visits to a tire shop for it.

Albertj

Old 11-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update - the Orange TPMS sensors I purchased via eBay worked fine. They look like the ones marketed by Dorman. It will be some time - perhaps a long time - before I know how long the batteries last.

I have heard, with many sensors you can check the sensor's battery health. Not sure how that works.