Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 XC90 Japan Spec Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 XC90 Japan Spec Headlights

Hello - I will be relocating from the US to Japan, and will be bringing my 2008 XC90 with me.

I understand from the Volvo dealer there that I will need to replace my headlights with Japan spec lights. Does anyone know what the approximate cost for these lights are? I am open to buying some out of a junkyard and replacing them myself if possible.

I also need to install a front wing mirror on the passenger side.

Last question - Does anyone have a Japanese navigation system in their XC90, and what would that cost to replace my factory in dash CD changer?

Thank you - Joe

Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Reposting - Does anyone have a Japanese navigation system in their xc90? Xc90 in Japan?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Buy a portable.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Wow Thanks - That is so helpfull. Really ... thank you for taking the time to post such an insightful and experienced solution.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 AM

I say that because the Volvo in dash NAV is terrible and portables are FAR better. The only reason that you would ask is because you had no experience with them, because no one who had would put one in. Thus the simple, insightful, and experienced suggestion.

As to just replacing your CD Player with an aftermarket NAV unit, the Volvo has a MOST system, which means that replacing the stock stereo or adding aftermarket units is a MPITA. Thus the simple, insightful, and experienced suggestion.

Or were I as rude as you, I could have just replied, Let me google that for you

Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM

Thank you - you are correct - I have no need thus no experience with a stock NAV in the US. I use a portable here if I need one. I didn't ask about that - I asked about navigation systems in Japan, which it appears you have no experience with.

Thanks for trolling.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM

The Volvo in-dash NAV is the Volvo in-dash NAV, whether in the US, Europe, Japan, or Bobo-Dioulasso. The map may be different, but it's a terrible system nonetheless and you'll be better off with a portable (so much better in fact that Volvo now highlights the portable offering in its options list).

But you know what? You should go ahead and get the in-dash system, it'll go perfect with your 'tude!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldMBGuy
The Volvo in-dash NAV is the Volvo in-dash NAV, whether in the US, Europe, Japan, or Bobo-Dioulasso. The map may be different, but it's a terrible system nonetheless and you'll be better off with a portable (so much better in fact that Volvo now highlights the portable offering in its options list).

But you know what? You should go ahead and get the in-dash system, it'll go perfect with your 'tude!

Bobo-Dioulasso is a city with a population of about 435,543 (as of 2006[update]),[1] the second largest city in Burkina Faso, Africa, after Ouagadougou, the nation's capital. The name means literally, "home of the Jula who speak Bobo," and is possibly a creation of the French who misunderstood the identity complexities of the location. The local Bobo-speaking population of the city refers to it as Sia. The city is situated in the southwest of the country, in the Houet Province, some 350 km (220 mi) from Ouagadougou. It is significant both economically (agricultural trade, textile industry) and culturally (Bobo is the center of culture and music of Burkina Faso).

Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ARchitects
Bobo-Dioulasso is a city with a population of about 435,543 (as of 2006[update]),[1] the second largest city in Burkina Faso, Africa, after Ouagadougou, the nation's capital. The name means literally, "home of the Jula who speak Bobo," and is possibly a creation of the French who misunderstood the identity complexities of the location. The local Bobo-speaking population of the city refers to it as Sia. The city is situated in the southwest of the country, in the Houet Province, some 350 km (220 mi) from Ouagadougou. It is significant both economically (agricultural trade, textile industry) and culturally (Bobo is the center of culture and music of Burkina Faso).
Hillarious!

It's been about 12 years since I've been there, but I don't think that Volvo ever offered a French spec XC90 with the ECOWAS NAV discs, so that was a bit of hyperbole on my part.

Great city though, lot's of fun in the middle of nowhere, though the smoke from a couple hundred thousand cooking fires can make it tough to breathe in the early mornings and early evenings.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldMBGuy
Hillarious!

It's been about 12 years since I've been there, but I don't think that Volvo ever offered a French spec XC90 with the ECOWAS NAV discs, so that was a bit of hyperbole on my part.

Great city though, lot's of fun in the middle of nowhere, though the smoke from a couple hundred thousand cooking fires can make it tough to breathe in the early mornings and early evenings.
I know, I was just kidding. I actually post it for fun.
I was about to say that I don't think the sat nav will work there!
With all of my respect to all the lovely people of Africa.