Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - parts (front bumper cover)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
DPO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - parts (front bumper cover)

Hi all, new to the forum. I have an '07 XC90 and need to replace my front bumper cover (end?). This is a curved black molded plastic trim piece which attaches to the passenger side lower bumper and has a cut-out for the fog lights. I ordered a part from RockAuto.com (for only $35.!), but it did not fit. The part they sent (which they and their manufacturer still claim is correct) has a square cut-out for the tow hitch, however, on my vehicle, this opening is on the painted part of the bumper and this trim piece attaches below that. Most other sites I have found have the same part picture listed on their site (from a manufacturer named Replacement), however this part is incorrect as it's too "tall" and should not cover the actual upper bumper or the tow hitch opening. I have called several dealerships, 2 of which were incredibly rude and could not find the right part. One said he has the exact part (as i sent him pictures of my vehicle and what the part should look like), but they want $130. And they are over an hour drive away. I don't know where else to look. Help!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is the exact part that you will need http://www.partswebsite.com/volvopar...imagecallout=7 it's Cover Panel, R. It's a 100 bucks be sure to include vin # model and specify that yours needs the one with the provisions for fog lights. or else you could end up getting one without the hole for the fog light and have to cut it yourself like i did which was a very long and complicated process for it to come out right which thankfully it did.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
DPO

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this site doesn't offer an image of the part and I have been burned once before by an incorrect listing on a site saying it will fit. I emailed them for an image of the part, but no reply. hmmm.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by DPO
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this site doesn't offer an image of the part and I have been burned once before by an incorrect listing on a site saying it will fit. I emailed them for an image of the part, but no reply. hmmm.
It might help you if you check out car-part.com so you can get the exact Volvo Parts that you need.

Last edited by carbuilder; 07-23-2011 at 12:33 AM.