Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with rear dvd

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've searched a few forums for help with my issue. I haven't found the same problem so let me just ask. My dvd player works, powers on and plays dvds. However once the dvd menu pulls up (play movie, scene select, extras, etc.) Neither the play button or enter button will allow me to the start the movie from that menu. Thank god for Disney fast play for my four year old daughter, which doesnt requine you to prest play. But I would like to play other movies and shows too! Any ideas?

Old 07-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Ok, I am going to check the fuse on my 2006 xc90. The piece taht needs to be removed is in the floor of the cargo area or the triangle shaped thing with the vent? or both?

Another question, I need a remote and notice there are 2 versions (both Volvo original) will either one work? One has all black buttons the other one has white buttons.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:13 AM
Default DVD Issues

Yes, the fuse is on the back rear side under the triangle foam piece. Very quick fix. as the remote goes your model calls for the white buttons remote though I am certain that both should function the same. The black one is the newer version.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Oralmaxfacial
Yes, the fuse is on the back rear side under the triangle foam piece. Very quick fix. as the remote goes your model calls for the white buttons remote though I am certain that both should function the same. The black one is the newer version.

Thanks
Thank you so much, Oralmaxfacial! I located the fuse and it is indeed, bad. Going to replace and purchase the remote now.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Please, anyone can show me pictures or video on how to remove the center console in order to replace the harness?? I been having issues with the harness and need to replace it but I am havening troubles getting the center console out...
Thank you!

Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Default DVD harness replacement

Ok, in this case it has to be the harness. It runs through the mid floor under the console. You can buy it online and I beleive it runs around 120$. The harness is the black cable runs from the back of the DVD through the elbow of the console all the way down to the floor. Its not that har to replace: plug and play approach. once you remove the entire console (two screws on bottom rear then engage handle and it will slide out) you can take out of the car this way you would have ambple roorm to take it apart. if you need directions on how to take it apart shoot me an email and I will send it to you.

Nathan
oralmaxfacial@gmail.com

Hey Nathan,

How do you remove the center console in order to change the DVD harness? Do you have any pictures or video?
Thank you so much

Old 09-08-2015, 01:53 PM

So I have a 06 xc90 with the rear headrest screens. Center console DVD. Everything works great but the volume is like all the way down. I just bought the SUV and the guys said he lost the remote. 1 is there any way to turn the volume up without the remote. 2 can I buy a universal remote for it. 3 if I can't buy a universal which remote do I need and where is the best place to buy one. EBay has a few but don't know what I need and they seem ridiculously priced.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:48 PM

Bought an 08 XC90 about a year and a half ago. Headrest DVD screens are slightly damaged (black areas), but still view-able, esp by a two year old! It didn't have any remote controls (I'm assuming it came with one because controls on the DVD units are very limited). Anyone know of a source for a universal remote that will work? TIA

Old 02-16-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jesses6
Bought an 08 XC90 about a year and a half ago. Headrest DVD screens are slightly damaged (black areas), but still view-able, esp by a two year old! It didn't have any remote controls (I'm assuming it came with one because controls on the DVD units are very limited). Anyone know of a source for a universal remote that will work? TIA
Were you able to program a new remote?

Old 03-23-2016, 07:44 PM

So I see this thread and hope someone can help. I have tried all of the above steps and I still have nothing.
No power on dvd player no power to monitors. It seems as though there is piwer to the dvd player, but nothing will turn on.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 AM
Banned

I know this is an older thread but where are the fuses for the dvd player on a 04 S80
info on this would be helpful.... (no power to screens center console dvd player

thank you

Old 09-19-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by e.mence440
I know this is an older thread but where are the fuses for the dvd player on a 04 S80
info on this would be helpful.... (no power to screens center console dvd player

thank you
Don't know if it's in the same place as the XC90 but on the Right Rear side of the car behind the carpet padding is a set of fuses that control the Rear Entertainment System (RES). I'd say check there first.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 AM
Banned

okay thank you I did find a set of fuses in the trunk on the left side, I'll check again
and while I'm in there I'll post a pic of the set I found ... it'll be nice to get this
working ...

Old 09-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Banned
Default no power to console dvd plyer 04 S80

Help with rear dvd-img_0084%5B1%5D.jpg

Help with rear dvd-img_0083%5B1%5D.jpg

this is the only other fuse panel I found...

this is on drivers side next to the other fuse box

Old 09-19-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by e.mence440
Attachment 13686

Attachment 13687

this is the only other fuse panel I found...

this is on drivers side next to the other fuse box
Pics are a little distorted when I open them but on the left side are 2 little black box's. At least that's what it looks like from what I can see. Those look similar to how the xc90 fuses are. So check those. Also I have a few other fuses to check in that same area. #3 5 and 17. I'll post a pic of my fuses so you have an idea of what I'm talking about and the fuse diagram for your car. Once I figure out how to do that. Lol.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Old 09-20-2016, 08:01 AM
Default DVD fuse

Ok .. There are only two fuses associated with the DVD player . The two are located in the trunk on the passenger side which is the right side of the trunk. They are NOT in the right side panels . Instead on the floor of the very right side corner of the vehicle .. Similar to xc90 . I posted a pic of the two fuses a couple years ago . I believe the culprit is a 5amp orange mini fuse . There should be a triangular foam barrier between the cargo trunk area and the fuses that u can remove for access . Hope this helps

Old 11-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Default Help with rear dvd

Hi everyone, I've read thru most forums relating to this issue, I've checked mostly all the fuses. I seem to be having a different issue. My rear headrest DVD players aren't fully functioning. I've had my vehicle for a year and never had an issue. Our DVD worked regularly until yesterday. the screens now just display a blank black screen. They would regularly be turned on, black screen first, then blue screen then the video would come on. now the screens just turn on, and stay on the black screen. Our DVD player is located in the middle console. When I insert a DVD you hear the DVD running as if it's working but the black screen still remains. Haven't had too many issues with the remote but we currently no longer use it because it stopped responding to the play button. So we turn on the DVD screens with the remote and operate the play button on the console portion. That's not the issue I'm questioning. My screens remain black, but on and no longer does anything else. Please help if you can!!! Thank you guys so much, -Ashley.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 PM

Indeed. I had the same problem with RSE ..after extensive research I thought it was the DVD harness itself so I changed that and nothing .. There are three fuses as mentioned above however the culprit is found on the right rear side of the XC90. You must remove the triangle foam carpet on the bottom right side then remove the side panel. At the bottom there are two individual fuses and are covered each in its own capsule the closest one to the frame is the culprit . 10A fuse . This one is not in any diagram . As you see in the pic the green one is the 5A fuse and the left one is the 10A . Open the capsule fuse is underneath .
hi...I have a 2008 and and no one at a shop seems to know how to fix it...I'm trying to find these fuses you're mentioning but mine is just an empty hole....any other things I need to remove or did it get moved somewhere else in the 2008?

Old 06-01-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by brbell76
2005 xc 90 with rear dvd system will not turn on. It's the one with dvd player in center console, and monitor in headrest. I have the remote which looks beaten up and missing buttons, but put new batteries in and cannot turn the dvd player on. Fuses are good. Not sure whats wrong! Need a new remote for this thing to work??
A trick to see of the remote works, is to turn your camera on. on your phone and point the remote at it and push a button you will see a light from the remote

Quick Reply: Help with rear dvd