Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius

I bought a 2006 XC90 V8 last October. During the sale my salesperson told me the XC90 was "Sirius ready". I interpreted this to mean all I needed to do was pay the subscription fee (silly me); but it was explained when I took delivery that they needed the car back to install more hardware (for more$$) for the Sirius to work. I've been trying to get the installation scheduled, when last week my salesperson told me that Sirius is not available on the XC 90. I feel seriously lied to by my dealer!! I called the GM, I was polite but heated. He called me back and now tells me that Volvo has solved the "optical connection" problem, and they will be able to install Sirius in March (of 2006). Is he blowing smoke? Is there a solution to the satellite installation problem that is approved by Volvo?

Thanks for your help

Bizwiz
Cincinnati, OH
2006 Volvo XC 90
2000 Jaguar XKR

Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Sirius

I was told the same thing by my dealer about this time earlier this year. I wanted to follow up since it is now June to see if anyone else has had any luck getting their dealers to install Sirius in their XC90.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Default RE: Sirius

I just bought an XC70. Car had Sirius Satellite Prep already done as factory option. Paid additional to dealer to install Sirius receiver. Receivers were not in stock in early May, but did get it installed in mid May '06. As I understand it, the receiver goes in the back under the deck behind the rear seat and is connected via fiber-optic cable to the radio in the dash. The fiber optic cable is the "satellite prep" but can be dealer installed - more labor than doing it at the factory. It also needs an big (ugly) antenna on the roof. The antenna is NOT prewired and the Volvo antenna is much larger than the small mag mount antenna I had the portable unit in my previous S80.

Don't know about the XC90 except that I thought it was satellite ready too. Would not consider any car today that can't have a satellite receiver - XM or Sirius.

FWIW, the Sirius interface with the Volvo radio works nicely, the sound is excellent. But the display doesn't scroll the song titles or artists and the new HU-650 radio with the push buttons is a big step backwards from the older radios with the rotating **** for saved station memory. Fewer station memories and one has to press 6 buttons, then turn the **** once for the next bank of 6 stations. The old radios never made you take your eyes off the road.