Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swimming pool under floor mats

Old 07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swimming pool under floor mats

A few days ago I purchased an XC90 2.5T AWD (2003). The day after I purchased it I noticed that my floor mats were damp. I did not see this at the dealership because of the thick paper floor mats the dealers lays down on top the regular mats. When I noticed the water, I pulled up the carpeting under the mats only to see that the 5-6 inches of foam under the carpet was saturated in water and under that there was another 3/4 of an inch of water. The sides of the floor well were dry and there was no indication of a leak coming from windows or doors. Plus, upon further investigation, I realized the water was under all four seats, the two front being the worst.

The dealership told me this was a common problem with some volvos because the exhaust hose for the AC system sometimes clogs and because the water(condensation) has no where to drain it comes back into the cabin.

I am trying to find out if any other volvo owners have ever heard of this problem or experienced this. It seems hard for be to believe that on a vehicle such as this, this could be a common issue.

Other potential issue is pulsation in the brake pedal when stopping at all different speeds, fast or slow.
Any comments on this either???

Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Default RE: swimming pool under floor mats

UPDATE.....

Just back from official diagnostic....was told the "condenser's evaporator plug" was clogged...
also, brake diagnostic turned up nothing wrong with the brake pedal...will continue to keep eye on it.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck! It is annoying to have such problems w/ a new vehicle, and it should not happen. I now have problem w/ our 1 y. old -driver's side window auto function work DOWN only, not UP, also when closing window manually, it goes up too high, lifting the outside part of the door, and also does not seal outside noise well.This window was already re-calibrated once, so it is really annoying to have such thing happening again.
I just don't get it: why the windows have to be operated by a computer?

Anyone can explain?

PS
Hoe about cupholder cover sticking again after the penholder next to it was already replaced twice?

Old 08-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vigo

UPDATE.....

Just back from official diagnostic....was told the "condenser's evaporator plug" was clogged...
also, brake diagnostic turned up nothing wrong with the brake pedal...will continue to keep eye on it.

This happens fairly often. I've even see several drain plugs come loose and begin to leak water into the cabin.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:42 PM

Just wanted to clarify because I think I have the same problem. Is the water collecting in the frame of the car below the carpet/floorboard? My wife has recently noticed in her 2005 XC90 water sloshing below her when she brakes even though the carpet is dry. When I took it to the dealership, they said that the car must have been driven through a flooded street so that the water was above the bottom of the door in order to get in below the carpet like that. They even lifted the plastic edging just inside the door and showed me that it was wet. We know FOR A FACT that the car has NOT been driven through a flooded street, but if we don't come up with an alternate solution or root cause, we will have to submit a claim with our insurance, pay the $500 deductible, and probably have it happen again in the future.

I really appreciate your help.... Thanks....

Dan.