Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgate lock actuator stuck in locked position.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Tailgate lock actuator stuck in locked position.

The tailgate lock actuator is dead and stuck in the lock position. This model year does not have the cable inside to manually unlock and open the tailgate. I have exposed the actuator but cannot figure out how to open it. I called the dealership and they said that in these models you have break open a plastic panel (the whole thing plastic) to expose the cable to open it. Does anyone know where this panel is as there is not an apparent panel that I can see. I don't mind breaking something off since the part is dead and needs replaced anyway. I just can't figure out how to unlock/open the tailgate. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by rickrios; 03-31-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickrios
The tailgate lock actuator is dead and stuck in the lock position. This model year does not have the cable inside to manually unlock and open the tailgate. I have exposed the actuator but cannot figure out how to open it. I called the dealership and they said that in these models you have break open a plastic panel (the whole thing plastic) to expose the cable to open it. Does anyone know where this panel is as there is not an apparent panel that I can see. I don't mind breaking something off since the part is dead and needs replaced anyway. I just can't figure out how to unlock/open the tailgate. Any help is appreciated.
This pdf MIGHT help

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VIDA Print.pdf (841.8 KB, 3046 views)