Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XC90 DVD audio issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC90 DVD audio issues

Hey everyone, my wife and I just bought a 2007 Volvo XC90. I always try to join forums when I get new cars cause I know I'll eventually need some help lol. We have the DVD system in the headrests and they work just fine, power on and off and play the DVDs, but the audio just likes like a bunch of clicks. The radio works perfectly fine so I know all the speakers are ok, it's JUST the Aux audio that seems messed up. We are getting ready to go to Orlando in November (from GA) and would love to have this working by then with 2 kids. Any ideas as to the culprit? I searched for DVD issues and only seemed to find threads about power related issues. Has anyone else run across this? THe guy we bought it from had kids that were grown so they never used the DVD system and we unfortunately didn't have a DVD with us at the time to try out. Other than that we love it! Thanks for any insight!

Old 11-14-2022, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update, but further questions. I ordered a replacement remote for the DVD players and that allowed me to change the audio from AUX to the speakers (not sure why Volvo wouldn't make a button for this actually in the car?) But the audio comes through just very faintly in the back. I try to adjust the volume in the back but nothing seems to be working. If we have it on the radio, the speakers all work perfectly fine. Is there a special way to turn up the DVD volume on the back speakers? The remote has no volume controls on it. I feel like I"m just missing something but I've checked the owners manual, the DVD system manual and just can't find anything that works.