Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Engine Mount Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Mount Problem

I have a 2004 XC90 T2.5 with about 52K miles. All three of my engine mounts wore out. Is that normal? I have never gone off-road and only do city/highway driving. Car was shaking side to side when accelerating or driving at high speeds. Mechanic said all three mounts were shot and engine was basically sitting on frame. Does this sound right?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM

Hi,
To driving the vehicle any side roads that mean shaking side to side when accelerating and driving at high speeds. That time the vehicle engine is problem.

===============================================
Austin apartment finder
anadrol

Old 05-20-2009, 05:34 AM

MD3 Volvo Motor Mounts
Hello everyone. I am finishing up my preparations for heading out to live aboard. My last serious issue is relating to the motor mounts. Take a looks at the mounts themselves. There is a stud that appears to be welded to the engine bed with a round rubber bushing with a hole in the center. The mounts as you can see are badly worn and in the rear provide no dampening. I have been to every marine store/surplus/boat yard and no one seems to recognize them. I need a solution sooner than later. I have read that there are two mounting types, "Hard" or "Flexible" These mounts appear to be hard. I would attribute the badly worn cutlass bearing that I replaced on the last haul out after my purchase of Hannah to the vibration caused under power as the engine vibrates transmitting that through the prop shaft and log to the bearing. Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated. I have thought about making my own from urethane bushings or auto body mounts and as a last resort using a hockey puck shaved to be in trans prop flange tolerance with a hole drilled in the middle in the mean time to finding a solution. Thanks in advance!

I know they are dirty, I'm cleaning out the engine bay next, just replaced the transmission and sealed the valve cover oil leaks.
__________________________________________________ _______________
fundraising software
resume expert