Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Linked keyword ads

Old 01-29-2012, 06:45 AM
bne
Thumbs down Linked keyword ads

In every other respect this is a great forum...but why the hell do we have highlighted keywords that when rolled over by the mouse pop up automotive ads that arent even related to Volvo? This really sucks and it irritates the hell outta me. Seems there isnt anyplace youcan go without be advertised to death...someone is making money off these ads..prolly the webite owner...but of all the many forums I visit this is the only one doing this crap...thats why I dont frequent or contribute to the site financially.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

The site was sold to IB (Internet Brands) many years ago; I don't think there is a provision to contribute even if you were so disposed. IB owns several forums and they are all ad driven. I agree there are some drawbacks but still, a lot of knowledge here.