Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Why is this forum undercrowded?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why is this forum undercrowded?

im also new to this forum and found it via google when searching for info, since joining I have learnt a few things, however when I see a post I think I can help in its too late! I think this place is great and the help is very valuable indeed....

Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry we keep beating you to it.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:22 PM

Forums are like women, you get back, what you put in! No effort, NO gain!

I participate on a Porsche forum that is incredibly active. I know these guys are definitely into working on their cars as am I. I find the Volvo to be incredibly easy to work on. Easier than my Porsche!

PS: GO STEELERS!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7306/3E2775BF0967486893B015F3809B6443.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes this forum is very slow usually.

Volvospeed is much quicker pased and more active.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Thank God it isn't all that much fast pased it is hard to keep up already.

I used to be on another one but watched it grow from about 50 posts a day for the entire Volvo line to about 300 or more posts a day.

I can't devote that much time anymore. The kids require time.

This one is perfect for me to keep up with.

If it gets much more than this I might have to back out.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I have a porch also..........indeed, a front porch and a back porch. Oh.........and also an Ultimate Driving Machine.
Back to your porsche...........what model?

r.

ORIGINAL: islandmanpa

Forums are like women, you get back, what you put in! No effort, NO gain!

I participate on a Porsche forum that is incredibly active. I know these guys are definitely into working on their cars as am I. I find the Volvo to be incredibly easy to work on. Easier than my Porsche!

PS: GO STEELERS!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7306/3E2775BF0967486893B015F3809B6443.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tech

Thank God it isn't all that much fast pased it is hard to keep up already.
I agree to that, I've been on oodles of message forums and find the fast moving ones hard to keeep up with and to be honest it's all about quality not quantity , i find the busy sites have way more useless stuff on there!

I'm in the volvo realm a little ofer a month now, initially I started looking for a volvo because there's a large volvo wrecker only a couple Km's from my house and I spoke with them on these cars and thier reliability ect. ect. so I decided I'd try and find a volvo. So found this site via google and have have been some what a regular ever since. This has been a great source of information for me. It's amazing what you can learn in a little over a month, I've even found myself answering the occasional question! I have registered on a couple other volvo forums that i linked to from this site but I rarely visit them, as of yet no real need to!

This is a great community of enthusiests, and it is a pleasure to be a part of it!

Keep up the good work and keep spreading the knowledge!!!

-Mike

Old 11-04-2006, 08:29 PM

G'day kids. I love that this forum is undercrowded. Other forums sometimes feel like forums for Big Brother or something equally vacuous, full of ******* slagging off at each other and not achieving anything. There is very little stuff in this forum that is not useful and if it not, at least its entertaining. When i first bought Mrs Davenport (shes my V70) and she had so many problems this forum was like my AA group. Now i'm just interested in how everyone else is doing with their cars, escpecially the newbies because i know how frustrating it can be iroing out all those intial probs with a 2nd hand volvo.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 AM

hi guys. sometimes i find the difference in the uk/usa/can/ specs can be a little confusing. for eg. my 240 is a 93 torslanda with a 2litre B200F engine.i cant get much feedback from you guys reguards this and i struggle sometimes to be of any help to the rest of you because of your non european specs, still i learn something new every other day just from browsingthe various aspects of the forum. i like it, i guess ill just hang around.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

There are EURO Volvo forums that you can become a part of as well.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 PM

I got one word to describe this forum.... Volvorrific

Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 AM

I love how in a discussion about why this board isn't very active, the first 3-4 pages is between 3-4 people. LOL.

This forum is definetely a lot more slow. It seems most people come here just for maintenance issues, and none of them really have much of an interest in the car besides to keep it running. so you'll see people hang around, ask their questions, and then leave.

Edit: And I just noticed this.

13 active members, 938 guests. There's your problem! lol.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 PM

I am guilty of only coming on this forum when I have a problem with my car. I also think it's true for most of us, that's why it's so slow. However just being slow doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. I'm also on an Infiniti website that is so active that alot of thethreadsare garbage. Here you get quality with what you have, at least that's been my experience. Another theory I have is that because Volvo's are so reliable that anyone hardly needs to come on here! and theory #2 is because Volvo's tend to attract more of mature car enthusiast so it tends to be less "active". and according the lastest IPD catalog (which is very nice) Volvo's represent a REALLY small population compared to other cars.

I love this site and would be lost without. Thanks to Tech and the other top posters with all the helpful info. VOLVOFORUMS.COM FOREVER!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Thank You for coming back everytime!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi 98v70,

What you say makes absolute sense and nothing to argue. I too, love this site for its maturity and I don't participate anywhere else (Someday when I'm lucky to buy a brand-new Acura (Honda), or if Volvo decides to redesign 850 and sells under a different name (with more reliable electronics of course), I may consider that one too.

I'm curious as to what kind of "garbage " you see at Infinity's forum. Are they questions/answers from wealthy people who don't know much about cars? Or are there many hooligans?

Ni$$an has gone down the hill, and it may not recover this time. It used to be full of bureaucrats at the top management who had no interests in cars but profit-making only(Tokyo University graduates; the primary ones who screwed up the nation for their excessive-greed in many industries and caused a number of tears/deaths in the public, including 35,000 plus suicide record every year). Now Ni$$an's CEO is C@rlos Ghosn; a Brazil-born French guy sent from Michelline, and he turned the company's language into English. Just imagine a bunch of Japanese people trying to communicate in a foreign language; if you talk about a mess, here's one. The last I heard, therewas not enough engineers & designers at Ni$$an, and they can no longer design cars on their own. What a pity.

I'm sorry for going off the topic. I once thought of withdrawing from here myself, but changed my mind and decided to stay, as long as good people like Tech and others are here.

Best,

JPN

Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM

I can say I really enjoy this forum, and it's "lack" of activity. It makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for because I don't have to sort through a bunch of junk threads to find the good ones. I'm also one of the guilty members that was visiting just when I had a problem (not very often due to our Volvo.) I always appreciate the quick and insightful responses here, from Tech and others. It's refreshing to find a forum with mature members.

I'm probably too active on another forum, and while they can be helpful, they can be irritating and immature as well. I guess you just take the good and the bad when you participate in a "forum."

Now that our Volvo is starting to show it's age, and we decide what to do with it, I'm sure I will be more active here. haha. Of course, I hope to remain in the Volvo family, whether we fix our current 850, or upgrade to an 850-R... of which I found2 more local Colorado cars, now that I'm not looking anymore. haha.

Anywho, thanks in advace for all the help I'm sure I'll need eventually.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you're still looking. You got the bug, and it does not just go away if you are anything like me. I was looking just to help you out until I started getting the bug myself and had to stop. I think it was in response to one of your threads that I said I would like a 98 V70 T5 Five Speed. Right after I said it, I started looking. Luckily it's almost impossible to find. Especially since I really want it only if it's Red.

I like this forum way better than the other forums I go to becauseof the fact that it's not too busy, and not full of a bunch of people that tell you to search because we have answeredthis question before. Many of you know which one I'm talking about.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Yes! I absolutely have the bug! I had the bug for getting a Typhoon as well. When I finally found "the one" I was lucky enough to be in a position to get it. I'm hoping my luck holds out this time as well! Here's another one I will be watching all summer: http://denver.craigslist.org/car/342231288.htmland if that doesn't work out there's always this one that just popped up: http://denver.craigslist.org/car/339055669.html

I say "I'm not looking," and now they are everywhere!

And it's thanks to this forum that I'll know what to look for, when I do find "the one!"

ps... there's a red V70-R in Utah... but's it's a '99/Auto. [8D]How about I find your car, you find mine? haha

Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 PM

In response to JPN,

The "garbage" I was referring to on the Infiniti forums (actually G35driver.com) was that there are many smack talking, flaming as they call it, from user to user. Basically a waist of space talk. I'm sure you can imagine what I'm talking about. Granted,There are alot of useful info to be found but with so many post and members it just makes it harder, as previous poster stated. It's just a different vibe.

Don't forget we're talking about the G35 and the popular car with that forum is the coupe(I have the sedan). Supped up coupes, lowered, exhaust so maybe it'll attract a different crowd. I'm just throwing my opinions out there. Another thing is those are brand new cars...since 2003, so alot of people really have no answers to what they looking for because the carIS so new so maybe that's why there's so much "talk". With our cars there's a little more history, I guess. Things have been done before so no need for me to be the guinea pig...which is a big reason I'm all for certain older/used cars.. I'm rambling....

Old 06-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

We all try the best we can on this forum.
Also I kind of made it clear early when I started on this forum that Trash won't be tolerated here.

It is just a nice family feeling forum and thats how I like it.

Quick Reply: Why is this forum undercrowded?