General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

iPod Connectivity Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Connectivity Issues

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to this forum. Apparently I had a login and username and didn't even realize it! I got my 2012 S60 T5 in August and have loved it so far. I also used the iPod function in the media menu to connect my iPhone 4 and to navigate through my iPod library. Well, lo and behold, I upgraded my phone to iOS 5 on Monday and now my iPod function is totally messed up. I've been reading some on the international Volvo forums and they seem to be having the same problems over there.

Basically, when I am listening to music through the iPod function (connected with an Apple usb cable), the sound just totally cuts out after a minute or two. I can turn my phone off and back on, unplug and replug it, and get sound for another minute or so, then it cuts out again. I can stream music (with artist and song titles) through bluetooth, but I can't navigate between artists or albums (just between songs on that album) - I have to do that on the phone itself. On the international forums, they have basically figured out that you can't be connected to both bluetooth and through the USB cord. So, I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I am going to see if it works if I turn the bluetooth off. Basically, you can't use the iPod function on the car and bluetooth at the same time, so I have to choose between hands free phone or hands free music.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm assuming this is an iOS 5 issue since it worked fine before I updated my phone's software.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Default Lack of Ipod Connectivitity with 2012 S60

I have the same challenge in my 2012 S60, after updating my iphone software to IOS 5. It's so disappointing. I now cannot play my ipod, even when disabling the bluetooth. My iphone screen says 'device connected' but won't let me even access the ipod. Apple tells me I cannot revert back to the earlier iphone software (which worked just fine) at least not through them. Volvo says they're working with Apple to resolve this. But when??! I love my everything about this new Volvo, including the speaker system and would certainly like to be able play my ipod through it again! Anyone heard any new developments about a fix? Thanks.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM

No answers here, but did have technology connectivity issue with volvo in the past with cell phones. IMO and suspicion volvo's are overly complicated in this regard. Good luck with this.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 PM

I too have the problem with my iPhone 3GS on iOS 5 and xc60, I have been trying to work out what I am doing wrong for days.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Default Ipod Connectivity Issue Resolved

IF you still have a 3GS under warranty, as I do, go to the Apple store, tell the manager your problem and ask them to swap out your phone to another 3GS that still has IOS4 on it. If you're lucky to still find one, that phone will interface properly with the Volvo S60. Just be careful NOT to update your replacement phone software to IOS5! Good luck.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM

Hello, My iPhone4 played Pandora through the usb cable perfectly since I bought my 2010 S80 in December. Now all I get are "unreadable" messages. I see that the cable's not defective and is charging the phone. Does anyone have a fix for this?