General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Oil smels of gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil smels of gas

Hi Volvoforum,

I need help sorting out my engine problem. I have an 850 t5 2.0 the oil is smelling of gas and when I drive the car there is a point on the gaspedal were nothing happens at all. When I give it full speed first second itīs all good when I reach third gear the engine cut the fuel or ignition not a nice feeling. The sparks is sooty and they are new orginal volvo for the B5204t engine.

I did a compression test all five were around 12 diffrence smaller than whats "criminal"

I have checked all the vacumlines several of times, I have complete new ignition system cables+rotor+cap and new fuelfilter+new Maf+cranck case sensor+camshaftsensor shifted+new used fuelpump and the pressure is ok after the book I even shifted the fuel pumpregulator...

Next step is to take the injectors out and see if they are dripping, but I mean would it be possible that all five is bad?

I would take the intercooler down and have a look at it to, try with blowing air into it and check for leakage.

The errors it gives is 414, 231 to high gas and instrument temperature

Any good sugestions I would be happy to hear from you Guys

Regards from Copenhagen

Old 02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to check the injectors; my guess would be at least one of them is leaking.

I didn't understand your compression test numbers? What were the pressure readings for each of the cylinders?

Running the engine with fuel diluted oil will make it run like crap and cause increased engine wear; get it fixed asap!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Author

Originally Posted by gdog
You need to check the injectors; my guess would be at least one of them is leaking.

I didn't understand your compression test numbers? What were the pressure readings for each of the cylinders?

Running the engine with fuel diluted oil will make it run like crap and cause increased engine wear; get it fixed asap!
Hi I did check the injectors and they were not leaking, I tryed swaping them with some spare ones that I had and there was no difference. I thought hmm next thing is to have a look at the intercooler had already checked the hoses around turbo and manifold several of times.

when I took the protection plate of underneath the radiator grill I could see that a stone or something must have hit the buttom of it and made it open in the corner were the plastic and aluminium is put together.

Vaouuuu I was more than happy when I saw that was it.

Gettin a second hand one tommorow plus new oil and filter then it schould be sweet *** and ready for Rollin

Thanks for the help

BR

Sune Brooker

Last edited by S.Brooker; 02-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.